Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice video, watched it yesterday. I received my RK 4-link kit last week so I'll be installing one too. Your video gave me a good idea of what to expect. Thanks!

BTW, you can get up-travel limiters for your Icon coilovers, that should solve your 37's rubbing at full bump.
I hate losing travel.... I'd prefer changing the mounting locations. I always design around minimum bump stop and maximum travel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hate losing travel.... I'd prefer changing the mounting locations. I always design around minimum bump stop and maximum travel.
I'd love to see your solution!

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it was time to replace the whole rear axle, UD60. Save the OEM intact.
Iā€™d contemplated that, but honestlyā€¦ I wonā€™t bother with a 60 until Iā€™m ordering a wider WMS version, and doing something long travel in the front to match. The M220 is pretty stout besides the tube-twistā€¦which this also helps.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thatā€™s a valid point. Maybe a solution to handle over winter? We barely got this taken care of, before event season hits full swing.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thatā€™s a valid point. Maybe a solution to handle over winter? We barely got this taken care of, before event season hits full swing.
Many of these setups are in their infancy... Obviously, that rear Icon coilover was designed for a certain suspension and tire size. Bigger tires usually means more bump stop or more fender clearance.

So, with 37's, we're looking at a longer compressed length shock or changing the lower mounting point to fully compress the shock sooner (mimicking more bump stop without losing shock travel). This will also allow more droop/flex as long as the joints aren't maxed out on misalignment.

Sponsored

DYak

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend Baby
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool video. I am going to have to go find a good speed bump because I haven't even noticed the rear end kick this kit fixes. Coming from years of driving lifted Jeeps, my stock Bronco still feels like a sports car. Is the rear end kick something that bugs a lot of you guys?

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool video. I am going to have to go find a good speed bump because I haven't even noticed the rear end kick this kit fixes. Coming from years of driving lifted Jeeps, my stock Bronco still feels like a sports car. Is the rear end kick something that bugs a lot of you guys?
Thanks!

the rear kick wasnā€™t really a major complaint, and wasnā€™t super noticeable until experiencing zero of it at the exact same locationā€¦

It wasnā€™t an expected benefit, just something notable I thought was worth sharing

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been eyeing the Teraflex suspension, their documentation says it has an internal bump stop so it seams well suited for this modification.
@EvanPeterson They list 12.4" of rear travel with 37" tires, how much rear travel are you seeing?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!

the rear kick wasnā€™t really a major complaint, and wasnā€™t super noticeable until experiencing zero of it at the exact same locationā€¦

It wasnā€™t an expected benefit, just something notable I thought was worth sharing
Is that "kick" the modified roll center after lifting the Broncos? After lifting mine I noticed more body roll(no rear sway bar), until I added the RJ track bar bracket, and made an incredible difference in handling.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been eyeing the Teraflex suspension, their documentation says it has an internal bump stop so it seams well suited for this modification.
@EvanPeterson They list 12.4" of rear travel with 37" tires, how much rear travel are you seeing?
Iā€™d have to do some mathing to say exactly how much the wheel travels, we just measured how far we could lift it while keeping the other 3 tires on the ground.

We technically got an incomplete measurement as it was, because the 3 tires were still firmly planted, but it started to dig into the fender and bumperā€¦ if they werenā€™t in the way, it had more room to go before one of the other tires would leave the ground.

Iā€™ll have to get back to you, once we add the limiters to these shocks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that "kick" the modified roll center after lifting the Broncos? After lifting mine I noticed more body roll(no rear sway bar), until I added the RJ track bar bracket, and made an incredible difference in handling.
weā€™ve felt it on both Broncos, and the Mrsā€™ isnā€™t lifted. i wonder, if we can get it on film with the mrsā€™ doing it in hers, if Iā€™m driving behind her

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
weā€™ve felt it on both Broncos, and the Mrsā€™ isnā€™t lifted. i wonder, if we can get it on film with the mrsā€™ doing it in hers, if Iā€™m driving behind her
Interesting. Just a characteristic of the 5 link setup maybe? Great video. I remember RK saying a while back that they were working on big things, game changers for the Bronco.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. Just a characteristic of the 5 link setup maybe? Great video. I remember RK saying a while back that they were working on big things, game changers for the Bronco.
Yeah, just a quirk really.

thank you!

RK is definitely getting behind the 6G platform, pretty exciting.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It seems like the RK kit is garnering some attention. We pre-ordered ours the day it went live on the RK website. We got it installed last weekend, and did a road-trip to an off road park to test it out the next day. Hereā€™s our review, and hopefully answers any questions you may have if youā€™re thinking about the system for yourself!

Very awesome. Did you get the lower links too? Iā€™ll be looking for the video when I get home

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very awesome. Did you get the lower links too? Iā€™ll be looking for the video when I get home
we did install the x-factor lowers at the same time.

I now have an extra RK track bar, and regular x-factor uppers collecting dust šŸ˜‚
Sponsored