First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know I know...people make these things you can just buy...but good Lord the prices are sky high on the decent stuff! I weld and have a friend with a ful NC setup for steel plate. Had a little time and scaled up this idea. Trying to talk myself into getting them cut out, coated, and then wedled on to my rock rails. Im recent years past, I'd be knee deep in doing it already...

If nothign else, I'd like to have an option for an "Insert" or deck like this into steps. The underside I mocked up color with a backing plate. Dunno...probably have myself talked out of this by tonight.

Wedge

RailStepV1-1.png

RailStepV1-2.png

RailStepV1-3.png
Sponsored

Travo68

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge/Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like it! I bet there are quite a few of us that would be interested in something like this.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Handsome! The WildTrak + Sasquatch logo are especially impressive. Imagine being able to do that for every Bronco trim!
I see the issues as 1) Do you market to rockcrawlers, or daily drivers, or both? 2) If the former, is it strong enough to protect the pinchseam? That's a serious engineering challenge, which calls for 3) a lot more weight.

My solution was to buy the iAGengineering removable step. I can put it on or off in under ten minutes, so it serves as my daily driver assist (a serious issue with my family), and off it comes when I'm hitting the trails. But I sure like yours.

Yours looks like a daily-drive accessory. And wow, it looks fantastic. If you pursue this, contact @UtahBrandon (PuraVita Offroad, a ) in Utah, who's started a business with recovery board racks + a neat overhead shelf system, a Bronco6G sponsor). He's got some experience and works with local fabricators. I think you could make a go of it. Nice, nice job!

https://puravidaoffroad.com/

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Handsome! The WildTrak + Sasquatch logo are especially impressive. Imagine being able to do that for every Bronco trim!
I see the issues as 1) Do you market to rockcrawlers, or daily drivers, or both? 2) If the former, is it strong enough to protect the pinchseam? That's a serious engineering challenge, which calls for 3) a lot more weight.

My solution was to buy the iAGengineering removable step. I can put it on or off in under ten minutes, so it serves as my daily driver assist (a serious issue with my family), and off it comes when I'm hitting the trails. But I sure like yours.

Yours looks like a daily-drive accessory. And wow, it looks fantastic. If you pursue this, contact @UtahBrandon (PuraVita Offroad, a ) in Utah, who's started a business with recovery board racks + a neat overhead shelf system, a Bronco6G sponsor). He's got some experience and works with local fabricators. I think you could make a go of it. Nice, nice job!

https://puravidaoffroad.com/
Thanks....no intention mfg'ing or selling these. Sketch'd up the graphic in a couple minutes and used Inventor for geometry modeling. Nothing special and I suppose any model could be mocked up pretty easy. I was angling at just welding a frame directly onto the OEM rock rail...factory pinch weld is addressed by the rock rail (whatever assistance that gives) and my welds would be like-to-like metal with rock rail...about a straight fiorward as it gets I imagine. Inventor prints off the exact template for the tube cut as well...assuming I micrometere'd the rock rail correctly (who knows...it's Friday!). I have a JD2 bender and sketch'd up all the bends for a 6" die. Few bends, few welds, few beers....lol. Dunno...was just folling around with it.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks....no intention mfg'ing or selling these. Sketch'd up the graphic in a couple minutes and used Inventor for geometry modeling. Nothing special and I suppose any model could be mocked up pretty easy. I was angling at just welding a frame directly onto the OEM rock rail...factory pinch weld is addressed by the rock rail (whatever assistance that gives) and my welds would be like-to-like metal with rock rail...about a straight fiorward as it gets I imagine. Inventor prints off the exact template for the tube cut as well...assuming I micrometere'd the rock rail correctly (who knows...it's Friday!). I have a JD2 bender and sketch'd up all the bends for a 6" die. Few bends, few welds, few beers....lol. Dunno...was just folling around with it.
It's a nice design. Spec it out, maybe somebody will pay you for it. Message UtahBrandon, or the other sponsors. I'm sure there's a market for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a nice design. Spec it out, maybe somebody will pay you for it. Message UtahBrandon, or the other sponsors. I'm sure there's a market for it.
I'd let them have it for free if they make me a set of the rails so I don't have to go out and do it myself. LOL!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd let them have it for free if they make me a set of the rails so I don't have to go out and do it myself. LOL!
Royalties, my good chap. Royalties!
Tricky Dick seems to be hinting...

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know I know...people make these things you can just buy...but good Lord the prices are sky high on the decent stuff! I weld and have a friend with a ful NC setup for steel plate. Had a little time and scaled up this idea. Trying to talk myself into getting them cut out, coated, and then wedled on to my rock rails. Im recent years past, I'd be knee deep in doing it already...

If nothign else, I'd like to have an option for an "Insert" or deck like this into steps. The underside I mocked up color with a backing plate. Dunno...probably have myself talked out of this by tonight.

Wedge

Ford Bronco Rock Rail Step Idea RailStepV1-3

Got it!!! Saved the pic... Love the idea, going to add the WildTrak to my Amp steps! Not sure if I will put it on the retracted or step side but seems natural.

They need to be built and for the other (lesser) models! Lol

WILDTRAK, TEAM 2 DOOR = PURPOSE BUILT AND BADASS

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Wedge

That's really neat.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Chalk up another “love it” vote.

Having the vehicle model name there instead of stupid advertising like all these manufacturers are pumping out these days is a win, in my book.

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll do some other's for the other trims...really simple to see how the core themes for each can be adapted to whatever medium you intend to use it. If anyone wants a specific color combo or something lemme know. I can send file in CAD or a 2D Vector format so you can resize, modify, whatever. Really don't care about any money on this thing...just having some fun and we've all spent enough money on these freaking vehicles already.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice work. Logo could be cool as a cutout in the deck or even just doing the Bronco logo so the courtesy lights shine through it and show the logo on the ground. Or maybe a checkerboard of little Sasquatch guys cut out across the entire deck. Get out at night and you have 50 little Sasquatch guys under your truck. I know, last idea is kinda stupid.
Sponsored