Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was watching a youtube video earlier, and they mentioned the rock rails would support 2x the body weight, and would have hi-lift jack points. I assume this came from some Fork marketing materials somewhere.
Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They do appear to be body mounted. There was no bracket or anything coming off the frame in that video. I wouldn’t surprise me that much, the running boards for f series trucks are mounted to the body

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching a youtube video earlier, and they mentioned the rock rails would support 2x the body weight, and would have hi-lift jack points. I assume this came from some Fork marketing materials somewhere.
I watched this same video and bumped on that comment.

In all the marketing material from Ford I've heard, they've said the rails would support 1/2 the weight of the vehicle (their respective sides).

Either that Youtube presenter had additional information about an upgraded rock rail option, or they misspoke... either way it means I want confirmation.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jeep sliders mount to the body as well. NBD here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2020 Jeep Rubicon has body-mounted rails similar to what is being shown on the Bronco in that photo. However, the Jeep does not have bends in the rail support to reach up into the body for attachment. Not sure what performance that kind of geometry has on the rails.

Also, just to note, the under armor is pitiful compared to what I've seen on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Rock Rails Frame Mounted? 1596115280197

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

frame mounted rock rails are the only thing that make sense.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all the marketing material from Ford I've heard, they've said the rails would support 1/2 the weight of the vehicle (their respective sides).
Where did you see/hear that marketing material that gave the specs on it? I have heard both 1/2 and 2x, but have seen nothing from actual marketing materials.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you see/hear that marketing material that gave the specs on it? I have heard both 1/2 and 2x, but have seen nothing from actual marketing materials.
Hmmm.... I can dig around, but the first place I would start is from the actual reveal video with the smokey voiced narrator who told me, in no uncertain terms, that I "NEED a Bronco."

He was right about the latter, so I'm assuming he was telling the truth about the former.

;)

::EDIT::

I just rewatched the reveal video and can only find one reference to rock rails but no mention of their capacity.

I distinctly remember hearing the 1/2 vehicle weight comment someplace early on and making a mental note of it... but now I'm wondering where it came from...

::EDIT EDIT::

Found this:

"Bronco’s strategically placed steel shields protect critical hardware. Higher-capability models get an available front bash plate, plus shields for the engine, transmission, transfer case and fuel tank. For those taking on the roughest rocky terrain, Bronco’s available side rock rails are strong enough to support the weight of each side of the vehicle."

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...two-door-and-first-ever-four-door-models.html
Sponsored

Last edited: