swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ah, gotcha. Used, delayed install? I guess another instance of kindness and good CS.
Sponsored

Baddieland73

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received my step sliders last week and installed today. I have same problem with driver side not activating on initial check. Harness ran, zip tied, and connected. Calling RSE tomorrow. Extremeterrain.com's answer is to send it all back. I really don't feel like uninstalling this entire setup. Their customer service was zero help. I won't be ordering from them again. Will rely on RSE tomorrow. From everything I've heard, they are top notch.
Will install sensors and magnets after speaking with them. I do t want to get to far ahead of myself. Eager to hear OP's resolution also.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just received my step sliders last week and installed today. I have same problem with driver side not activating on initial check. Harness ran, zip tied, and connected. Calling RSE tomorrow. Extremeterrain.com's answer is to send it all back. I really don't feel like uninstalling this entire setup. Their customer service was zero help. I won't be ordering from them again. Will rely on RSE tomorrow. From everything I've heard, they are top notch.
Will install sensors and magnets after speaking with them. I do t want to get to far ahead of myself. Eager to hear OP's resolution also.
Hey man so I’m out on vacation for the time being but we narrowed it down to one of two things. A fault In the wiring harness (the most likely cause). This was found by checking the 12 pin plug on the black/ blue wire and the red wire and seeing a low/ no power output and determining that there was a problem with the wire. The second less likely cause is the circuit on the motor RSE Is sending me both as we speak.

74Bob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '11 F150 FX4 Eco, '06 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had an issue with my RSE passenger side when I installed. It would work sometimes. I did some measurements with ammeter and found a slight current draw on passenger side when it wasn't supposed to have any. Couple emails and RSE sent me a new motor board. I have not had a problem since. Added the lights for the steps but have not added the door delete stuff because I don't plan on removing the doors. Might do their reinforcement plates because I play in rocks.

I hope the wire harness gets your steps straightened out.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Final update. We now have working steps. The issue was the wiring harness it would appear. We plugged the new harness they sent and they’re now working great it’s been two days and are still working as they should with all options (lights and door deletes) I want to thank RSE and the community for their help.

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great set of steps that are on my list. RSE came through and took care of you... glad you got it all sorted out and can now enjoy reliable deployment and recovery!
Sponsored