First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys. I have recently installed some RSE 4 door steps on my 21 bronco and got as far into the motoroso install video where you place the fuse inline and the steps are supposed to function check themselves. The passenger side functions as expected by going down and up once but there is no movement or noise from the drivers side. Following the recommended steps I then took the steps back off and tested the motor to direct power and the functioned without flaw. I’m at a loss and would love to figure this out this weekend and rather not have to wait till Monday to call RSE so any help is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

GLOCK10MM

Raptor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2015 & 2004 2500 CUMMINGS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had an installer do mine (being old isn't fun) & my guy had a wire backwards that developed a similar issue. I wasn't there during the instal. I can tell you once they are done these steps are awesome ! Best of luck, sorry I can't offer any help.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had an installer do mine (being old isn't fun) & my guy had a wire backwards that developed a similar issue. I wasn't there during the instal. I can tell you once they are done these steps are awesome ! Best of luck, sorry I can't offer any help.
I appreciate the reply I’ll double check the wiring to be sure but think it’s all good on my end I’m worried it maybe the circuit board but we’ll see on Monday when I give them a call.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One of your magnets may not be making contact properly..
Had multiple problems with mine..( most have been magnets..) had to replace motor module on driver side and an o ring on step...RSE has fantastic customer service if needed...absolutely live these sliders...they'll save your seats from wear and tear and also protect from rocks from the trash good years

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of your magnets may not be making contact properly..
Had multiple problems with mine..( most have been magnets..) had to replace motor module on driver side and an o ring on step...RSE has fantastic customer service if needed...absolutely live these sliders...they'll save your seats from wear and tear and also protect from rocks from the trash good years
I haven’t gotten to the point of putting the magnets on yet on the install. We were following the motoroso video and in the video after putting the sliders on ( and before doing any of the interior stuff like the magnets) you put the fuse in the harness to let the steps calibrate. My passenger side did as expected (go down and back up) but my driver side did not move at all. Would you think that because I don’t have the magnets in that it’s causing the issue?

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven’t gotten to the point of putting the magnets on yet on the install. We were following the motoroso video and in the video after putting the sliders on ( and before doing any of the interior stuff like the magnets) you put the fuse in the harness to let the steps calibrate. My passenger side did as expected (go down and back up) but my driver side did not move at all. Would you think that because I don’t have the magnets in that it’s causing the issue?
Yes hopefully....

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The reason I think that is because I have had magnets come loose and it messes the module up and will cause it do some weird things. And then once I corrected and reset ..they worked

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The reason I think that is because I have had magnets come loose and it messes the module up and will cause it do some weird things. And then once I corrected and reset ..they worked
Amazing I’ll give that a shot and see if that helps as well. Really appreciate the feedback.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Amazing I’ll give that a shot and see if that helps as well. Really appreciate the feedback.
No problem..hopefully this helps taking these steps off and back on gets tiring.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We got some 2.25" x 3/8 neodymium bar magnets. We stuck them to the door with Gorilla rubber tape. They really helped make our steps 100% reliable. The RSE magnets require a precise fit and ours seemed to move a little. The above fix solved it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We got some 2.25" x 3/8 neodymium bar magnets. We stuck them to the door with Gorilla rubber tape. They really helped make our steps 100% reliable. The RSE magnets require a precise fit and ours seemed to move a little. The above fix solved it.
Just to clarify. Was your issue the steps not dropping or not rising? Because I maybe mistaken but I thought with a lack of magnetic sensing it would effect the steps not rising when you want them to rise not my issue of not doing anything at all.

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They should drop when the sensor is away from the magnet. It sounds more like a power issue.

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just to clarify. Was your issue the steps not dropping or not rising? Because I maybe mistaken but I thought with a lack of magnetic sensing it would effect the steps not rising when you want them to rise not my issue of not doing anything at all.
Do you have a multi meter you can use to verify power to the driver's side step?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. I have recently installed some RSE 4 door steps on my 21 bronco and got as far into the motoroso install video where you place the fuse inline and the steps are supposed to function check themselves. The passenger side functions as expected by going down and up once but there is no movement or noise from the drivers side. Following the recommended steps I then took the steps back off and tested the motor to direct power and the functioned without flaw. I’m at a loss and would love to figure this out this weekend and rather not have to wait till Monday to call RSE so any help is appreciated. Thanks
Note that the updated low-power controllers don't seem to cycle the steps when applying power. That was the first thing I noticed after updating the controllers. They appear to cycle when you close and open the door the first time. If you purchased the steps recently, you might have the updated controllers (the new ones are cased in black plastic, old design is white plastic).
I prefer the screw-down magnets (throw away the outer keeper):
Ford Bronco Rock slide engineering step issues 1700945942636

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They should drop when the sensor is away from the magnet. It sounds more like a power issue.
That’s what I figured as well. We put it to a multi meter to both the driver and passenger and both sides read zero which was weird considering the passage was functional
Sponsored