OP
MythlinMasterdo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 7MT Bronco, Lamborghini Urus, McLaren 765LT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Serious question: Does your answer quoted above answer even your own question in any way?

I'm constantly confounded by the responses. That being said, if I go grab a bottle of Black Velvet and slug half of it, the thread might make more sense. Because everyone knows that hard A from a plastic bottle is the best (unless you're playing Edward 40-hands, but that goes without saying).
I donā€™t know what you find so confusing? My original question was just asking if there are any Bronco specific aftermarket roll cages. The answer is no, so Iā€™ll go custom.
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The stock support absolutely will not keep you safe in a high speed desert rollover. Better safe than sorry when it comes to your life, thereā€™s a reason all actual off road vehicles has several inch thick roll cages.
Most of those don't have like 12 airbags, How fast are you planning on crashing?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have 2 Broncos a soft top big bend and a hard top badlands(I havenā€™t taken delivery of the badlands yet though)
Nice. (y) I know someone else who had two, but they sold one.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. (y) I know someone else who had two, but they sold one.
Does the name rhyme with Worcestershire, only shorter??

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not racing in any specific series on an annual basis. This year the only official race that I am participating in is the Baja 500 in June. Other than that I do high speed(70mph+) desert off roading and want to be safe. I was hoping that a bolt in cage would work but it looks like I need to get one welded in which is fine. I was hoping to avoid going 100% custom but it looks like Iā€™ll have to do that.
I have two Broncos so I wanted to know what all options are! My hardtop wonā€™t be delivered in time for the Baja 500 now though so Iā€™m taking the soft top :/
I donā€™t know what you find so confusing? My original question was just asking if there are any Bronco specific aftermarket roll cages. The answer is no, so Iā€™ll go custom.
Is there anything else youā€™d like to know? I made a map to save you some time. Good luck in the race!

Ford Bronco Roll cage? Baja500

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please clarify, when you reference the Yuma bus stop skanks (who I know quite well, mind you), you're referring only to the ones high on speed, or are other narcotics allowed for your interests in off-road racing?

Ford Bronco Roll cage? Baja500
You absolutely must change the spelling of the lyric "desert" to "dessert" !!! šŸ˜‚

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If solo motorsports ends up making one of their weld it yourself roll cages, I would definitely be interested to see what they could come up with. The Tubes are CNC bent and laser notched to fit together seamlessly.

This is the one they currently have for the fullsize broncos, it is not race legal though (only 1.75" tubing)

Ford Bronco Roll cage? Ford-Bronco-Prerunner-Cage-1-748x554

They also have a race legal one for the early rangers. My friend who is a fabricator has installed one of these and said it fit together extremely well and was very impressed.

Ford Bronco Roll cage? Race-Legal-Roll-Cage-Ford-Ranger-1-1030x762

Ford Bronco Roll cage? Race-Legal-Roll-Cage-Ford-Ranger-3-1030x762

Last edited:

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too was a little concerned about the strength of the wide open center of the roll cage. Seems like that would be the weak point in a roll over. I found this to give me some piece of mind: https://khcoap.com/collections/bronco-6g-all/products/bronco-6g-body-brace
The Bronco Raptor come with one of these already installed. It was super easy to install, but you need to pay attention to how you install it. It CAN be installed backwards, preventing you from putting your roof back on.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I too was a little concerned about the strength of the wide open center of the roll cage. Seems like that would be the weak point in a roll over. I found this to give me some piece of mind: https://khcoap.com/collections/bronco-6g-all/products/bronco-6g-body-brace
The Bronco Raptor come with one of these already installed. It was super easy to install, but you need to pay attention to how you install it. It CAN be installed backwards, preventing you from putting your roof back on.
Hey! After a couple months, what do you think about the brace? Do you notice a difference in handling?

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I havenā€™t noticed any difference in handling at all. I forget itā€™s even there. I mostly like the idea of the extra strength. Also, Iā€™m hoping someone comes up with an easy solution for a dome light.
Sponsored