Sponsored

Roof Rack choice - Westin Masa Rack or Trail Rax?

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the market for a roof rack. I'm debating with either the Westin Masa Rack or the Trail Rax. Both are Aluminum/ light weight. Please tell help me out telling me what you choose and why?
Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the market for a roof rack. I'm debating with either the Westin Masa Rack or the Trail Rax. Both are Aluminum/ light weight. Please tell help me out telling me what you choose and why?
Hi,
We would love to help you out with this! Please reach out to our email at [email protected] or give us a ring and we can answer any questions you may have!
(385) 777-2601
Thanks,

Blaspolo

Base
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with the westin mesa rack. I saw it in person and the quality was great. Also here is a code (TRAILMILITIA) 25% off. I paid for my westin rack 750$ so its almost half the price compared to the trail rax.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm partial to the JCR. They make an innovative add on bracing system that greatly increases the load capacity of a somewhat flimsy roof. On top of that you can run it as a full or half and its pretty sleek and good looking.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say Westin, I called trailrax for a quote and asked for an email breaking down the cost. Never got it. Okay cool. Someone will want my money.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the trail tax and am very happy with quLity. The Westin doesn’t seem to come in two door which is what I ride

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoScotThai

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the westin mesa rack. I saw it in person and the quality was great. Also here is a code (TRAILMILITIA) 25% off. I paid for my westin rack 750$ so its almost half the price compared to the trail rax.
How is the wind noise?

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 4-door MIC top and am considering a 1/2 rack for summer beach riding adventures so I can easily remove my panels or possible invest a Bestop Sunrider. During fall/winter I have an OEM full rack to mount our skis racks and basket for camping gear.

In reviewing 1/2 racks, trying to justify Trailrax at $900 for a 1/2 rack. Does it come with a lifetime warranty? Other benefit?
I appreciate quality in products and ask what value does Trailrax have over other 1/2 racks?
I have found other options such a JCR or Hooke which are considerably less in cost and still appear to have a quality 1/2 rack. Any insight is appreciated.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4-door MIC top and am considering a 1/2 rack for summer beach riding adventures so I can easily remove my panels or possible invest a Bestop Sunrider. During fall/winter I have an OEM full rack to mount our skis racks and basket for camping gear.

In reviewing 1/2 racks, trying to justify Trailrax at $900 for a 1/2 rack. Does it come with a lifetime warranty? Other benefit?
I appreciate quality in products and ask what value does Trailrax have over other 1/2 racks?
I have found other options such a JCR or Hooke which are considerably less in cost and still appear to have a quality 1/2 rack. Any insight is appreciated.
I recommend the @Turn Offroad half rack. I just added one to my hard top, and it's awesome (albeit, it's early days). Very well made, and I like the lower profile look of it.

Ford Bronco Roof Rack choice - Westin Masa Rack or Trail Rax? IMG_4871
Sponsored