Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are various steps you can use with your truck without bringing out a step ladder. For example:
Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack 1688152646835

Shop around, there's something that will suit your needs.
Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to have a roof mounted bike rack and boy, it reduced both gas mileage and made the car sluggish accelerating past 70 on the highway. Was also loud.

Didn’t notice any of those issues until I took the rack off after years and all of a sudden felt the car being more nimble and way less noisy. Any of these issues on this rack? I feel like there’s no escaping the aerodynamic issues with a roof rack but I love the utility.

BroncoBud

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wldtrck, Tesla Y Perf, KTM 1290SDR/890ADVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Be very careful with install. The coating is well done, however that coating was not clear of the tapped holes for the bolts.

Even after clearing them I had two cross threads leading to one broken bolt in place and one other destroyed bolt.

Great rack, but PakRax frustrating.
I had the same issue, one of the bolts completely broke off in the pax rax bracket. TrailRax was able to send a new part at cost, but I definitely recommend making sure everything is 100% lined up before using a wrench.

OP
OP
routhless

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to have a roof mounted bike rack and boy, it reduced both gas mileage and made the car sluggish accelerating past 70 on the highway. Was also loud.

Didn’t notice any of those issues until I took the rack off after years and all of a sudden felt the car being more nimble and way less noisy. Any of these issues on this rack? I feel like there’s no escaping the aerodynamic issues with a roof rack but I love the utility.
You’re right there’s no escaping aerodynamic issues with a rack, especially if it’s loaded down with gear. However, I haven’t noticed any differences since adding mine. I can tell my boxes are up there when they’re packed full, but the rack itself didn’t give any noticeable changes.

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue, one of the bolts completely broke off in the pax rax bracket. TrailRax was able to send a new part at cost, but I definitely recommend making sure everything is 100% lined up before using a wrench.
100% agree with lining up first - the frustration came from the bolts not biting until pressure was applied.

Normally I like to hand start everything - this was a "put it in a pray" situation since they didnt bite until wrench pressure was applied.

I have asked them to provide the size of the bolt, as their documentation on the instructions has every part marked as 1/4 by 20 - and none of them are.

Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack TrailRax Instructions capture.JPG

Sponsored

BroncoBud

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100% agree with lining up first - the frustration came from the bolts not biting until pressure was applied.

Normally I like to hand start everything - this was a "put it in a pray" situation since they didnt bite until wrench pressure was applied.

I have asked them to provide the size of the bolt, as their documentation on the instructions has every part marked as 1/4 by 20 - and none of them are.

Ford Bronco Trailrax Roof Rack TrailRax Instructions capture.JPG
Yeah, totally agree, my guess is that it wasn't quite threaded perfectly from the factory. But after that I started being extra extra cautious.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, totally agree, my guess is that it wasn't quite threaded perfectly from the factory. But after that I started being extra extra cautious.
This has occurred to some customers so do not feel like you are the only ones. We have been trying to crack down on the issues so our customers stop seeing it, in our process of manufacturing, we have tightened our powder coating process so that we are seeing the threads completely clear after powder. Furthermore we have seen some experiences of "stainless steel galling" weird but happens. We have since changed the material of the PEM hardware to get rid of any chance of Stainless steel galling.

edit: If you are seeing any issues with tapped holes/ PEM hardware, please email us and we can get you taken care of.

BroncoBud

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has occurred to some customers so do not feel like you are the only ones. We have been trying to crack down on the issues so our customers stop seeing it, in our process of manufacturing, we have tightened our powder coating process so that we are seeing the threads completely clear after powder. Furthermore we have seen some experiences of "stainless steel galling" weird but happens. We have since changed the material of the PEM hardware to get rid of any chance of Stainless steel galling.

edit: If you are seeing any issues with tapped holes/ PEM hardware, please email us and we can get you taken care of.
Good to know, thanks TrailRax.

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there enough clearance to remove the front and middle roof panels? I am considering their half racks but wanted to see a pic of it mounted on a 4 door. Anyone has one?

OP
OP
routhless

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there enough clearance to remove the front and middle roof panels? I am considering their half racks but wanted to see a pic of it mounted on a 4 door. Anyone has one?
Yes I can still remove my front 3 panels with the full size rack!

Sponsored

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parts inbound...can't really ask for more than that.

Too bad I won't be able to switch out until I get back from our big trip, adventure waits for nothing!

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That thread hole issue just happened to me on one of the pak rax arms...

Threaded in fine until I hit some resistance so tried to back it out and it was stuck then broke the bolt inside the threads....

Sent them an email, hopefully I can get sorted as well...

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question about the @TrailRax - Can I still use my Yakima ski rack and roof top box on a Trailrax? I had them on an explorer before ( a standard roof rack) and I want to upgrade my Badlands with a bad-ass roof rack. :) I just hope I can use my old stuff on it.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question about the @TrailRax - Can I still use my Yakima ski rack and roof top box on a Trailrax? I had them on an explorer before ( a standard roof rack) and I want to upgrade my Badlands with a bad-ass roof rack. :) I just hope I can use my old stuff on it.
Yes you should be able to! Yakima should offer a clamp style mounting system on those and you will just want to do the same way of mounting, clamping, onto our crossmembers!

let us know if you have anymore questions!

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs