Sponsored

Yakima Bars with TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone successfully connected Yakima bars to the TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack? I have the 60” Yakima HD bars. I’ve looked into this in and off for over a year without any luck. Anyone find a way to connect the Yakima bars?

Yakima makes multiple tower types, e.g., with a strap, one that connects to a track, etc.

Can a track connect to RCI rack or TrailRax?

Yakima was unable to recommend any options that would work with the @RCI Offroad and @TrailRax style racks.
Ford Bronco Yakima Bars with TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack? IMG_5688

Ford Bronco Yakima Bars with TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack? IMG_5690
Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone successfully connected Yakima bars to the TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack? I have the 60” Yakima HD bars. I’ve looked into this in and off for over a year without any luck. Anyone find a way to connect the Yakima bars?

Yakima makes multiple tower types, e.g., with a strap, one that connects to a track, etc.

Can a track connect to RCI rack or TrailRax?

Yakima was unable to recommend any options that would work with the @RCI Offroad and @TrailRax style racks.

Our rack is capable of taking on those clamp styles assuming you can turn the clamp 90 degrees so it can clamp around our cross members. From the pictures, it looks like it should be possible. email us if you have any more questions and we can help you through your build process.

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the process of shopping for a rack and would like the option to mount thule or Yakima bars also. I think that will be the only way I’ll be able to mount a rood top box for ski season. I’ve been looking at the Westin Mesa rack. I haven’t confirmed this yet but I’m thinking this Westin Mesa rack will take the clamp mounted or track mounted feet. https://www.westinautomotive.com/mesa-roof-rack

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can attach a Thule Motion box directly to the TrailRax rack. The PowerClick claws attach directly to the crossbars no problem. You just have to limit the number of crossbars you add to the roof rack to ensure the box can “sit” in the groove fully. No adapters or other equipment/hacks needed.
Ford Bronco Yakima Bars with TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack? IMG_0342

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can attach a Thule Motion box directly to the TrailRax rack. The PowerClick claws attach directly to the crossbars no problem. You just have to limit the number of crossbars you add to the roof rack to ensure the box can “sit” in the groove fully. No adapters or other equipment/hacks needed.
Ford Bronco Yakima Bars with TrailRax or RCI Roof Rack? IMG_0342
Thanks that is good to know. I’ve been looking for an example of this. Id like to avoid adding crossbars if I can.

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks that is good to know. I’ve been looking for an example of this. Id like to avoid adding crossbars if I can.
Yep, there wouldn’t be any need to get anything else. Just do yourself a favor on the front end and get a pair of grab handles with whatever rack you pick when you order it!
Sponsored