Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Broncos were always 2 doors!
As intended!!!!

BTW: for us schmucks without even a VIN, how would you say the drive was over the boulders with the longer Bronco wheelbase compared to a proper-door Wrangler?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As intended!!!!

BTW: for us schmucks without even a VIN, how would you say the drive was over the boulders with the longer Bronco wheelbase compared to a proper-door Wrangler?
It never felt light in the front or rear at all. Coming up out of the springs on Cadillac there is a few good climbs and it felt stable. I got the same question from a gladiator owner. The two door is so manuverable it was awesome. I used the trail turn assist all the way in and out, no 2 point turns for me.

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is so awesome! Thanks for all the pics. I do think we need to have the place renamed! What were they thinking to name it after a Jeep! We all need to write our politicians.
It was there before jeeps were around so jeep named there product after the trail.

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice pics! I live on the the north side of the lake. I'm messing around from the east side weekly and I love seeing the looks on these guys faces when you drive down some obstacle in a stock Bronco and there whole rig is wrapped in an exoskeleton on 40s or bigger. As you said it is all doable on stock Broncos and Jeeps. 35s or bigger really help though!
Oh I have one of those too! Makes it way easier! I am taking this one in two weeks for Jamboree!

20220530_102317.jpg

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It never felt light in the front or rear at all. Coming up out of the springs on Cadillac there is a few good climbs and it felt stable. I got the same question from a gladiator owner. The two door is so manuverable it was awesome. I used the trail turn assist all the way in and out, no 2 point turns for me.
Surprised the Gladiator owner didn't ask you that while high-centered on a mall round-a-bout.

I have only wheeled 4-door Rubicons and was leery of the short wheelbase 2-doors. However, in consulting the tale of the tape, I have pre-supposed that the 2-door Bronco would be quite good and a natural sweet spot to maximize it's breakover angle while still having stability.

Happy to hear anything else you have to share about the 2-door wheelbase off road while I wait another year for my MY21 allocation VIN.

benny-bull.gif

No need to share about the TTA as I'm a masochist and have a manual on order. :cool:

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised the Gladiator owner didn't ask you that while high-centered on a mall round-a-bout.

I have only wheeled 4-door Rubicons and was leery of the short wheelbase 2-doors. However, in consulting the tale of the tape, I have pre-supposed that the 2-door Bronco would be quite good and a natural sweet spot to maximize it's breakover angle while still having stability.

Happy to hear anything else you have to share about the 2-door wheelbase off road while I wait another year for my MY21 allocation VIN.

Ford Bronco Rubicon Trip Photo Gallery benny-bull

No need to share about the TTA as I'm a masochist and have a manual on order. :cool:
The 2 doors are around 100in if I am not mistaken. When I built my old jeeps and my old pro mod comp buggy, 100in was the sweet spot. Any longer and you had lots of break over issues, and to alieviate those issues you lifted things to get height to clear the belly, but made it more prone to roll over. If you are in tight spots and trees, the 2 door will shine. Those 18 inches will not be missed!

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The 2 doors are around 100in if I am not mistaken. When I built my old jeeps and my old pro mod comp buggy, 100in was the sweet spot. Any longer and you had lots of break over issues, and to alieviate those issues you lifted things to get height to clear the belly, but made it more prone to roll over. If you are in tight spots and trees, the 2 door will shine. Those 18 inches will not be missed!
I’m trying to get my head around what it’ll be like taking my Braptor (looks like next year as I’m still unscheduled) on the Rubicon. The Braptor width is troubling, but that width is only an added problem at the axles/wheels as the body (without flares) is still basically a bronco 4 door body.

Do you see any obstacles that would be impossible (or dumb to try) to pass in a Braptor?

the Braptor width on trails is the only thing nagging me about my decision at the moment.

i appreciate your thoughts!

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to get my head around what it’ll be like taking my Braptor (looks like next year as I’m still unscheduled) on the Rubicon. The Braptor width is troubling, but that width is only an added problem at the axles/wheels as the body (without flares) is still basically a bronco 4 door body.

Do you see any obstacles that would be impossible (or dumb to try) to pass in a Braptor?

the Braptor width on trails is the only thing nagging me about my decision at the moment.

i appreciate your thoughts!
The trail would be do able no problem. I have seen fullsize vehicles on the trail often. I would personally pull the bigger flares off but you should be good. You will just need to pick your lines carefully since its a wider track width, but on the rubicon lots of full width axles.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The trail would be do able no problem. I have seen fullsize vehicles on the trail often. I would personally pull the bigger flares off but you should be good. You will just need to pick your lines carefully since its a wider track width, but on the rubicon lots of full width axles.
Cool, good to hear. Thanks for the feedback! Pulling those flares off is going to be a chore, they’re not Sasquatch flares…

Ford Bronco Rubicon Trip Photo Gallery 7814E83D-4FB3-4DF3-B592-A6F9CACE32E6

Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice pics! I live on the the north side of the lake. I'm messing around from the east side weekly and I love seeing the looks on these guys faces when you drive down some obstacle in a stock Bronco and there whole rig is wrapped in an exoskeleton on 40s or bigger. As you said it is all doable on stock Broncos and Jeeps. 35s or bigger really help though!
What do you think about doing it in an OBX, Non SAS? I do have a 2 inch zone lift and the SAS wheels and tires. The rock crawling scares the crap out of me, (worried about the rig) especially with a 4 door.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first response was right on. I have taken my almost stock (1” lift)Badlands Sasquatch 4 door through with no problems. Just be aware at least on the 4 door your skid plates definitely get a work out. Added 3 inch body lift for the second trip and it help to get the rock rails out of the way.
As mine sits now.
334AEDEF-D7AB-4CED-9A76-3EAC2EFFAD93.jpeg
1D381363-C0C6-4344-A435-B2DA79CA36F4.jpeg
05EC3BC3-B7AD-4E53-A1B9-B08BABE4F63F.jpeg

OP
OP
Tcarp1

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you think about doing it in an OBX, Non SAS? I do have a 2 inch zone lift and the SAS wheels and tires. The rock crawling scares the crap out of me, (worried about the rig) especially with a 4 door.
Its do able, there may be rock stacking, and having a spotter guide you from outside the vehicle, but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem. The obx have lockers?

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its do able, there may be rock stacking, and having a spotter guide you from outside the vehicle, but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem. The obx have lockers?
No lockers on mine anyway.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model