22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my S&B CAI installed on my 2.7 few days ago. Will say as far as noise goes it’s a little bit louder no changes as far as tone being deeper but I do live in Las Vegas so the heat may have a play in it for now turbos seem to be louder as well.

Will say throttle response feels a lot better. Does seem to get better gas mileage as well.

Very happy with the quality of the kit will say it’s a bummer to lose the water bypass that Ford put in originally. They do have a second intake on side of the intake box near the fender side that you can leave open or seal shut. I have it open as we are going into the cooler season for the max performance they say. Otherwise I would of put it on for the heat. Installation video is nice and easy to follow install took about a hour and a half maybe 2 from stopping and watching video and doing other things in garage.

Here are some pics of the install and a sound clip. I will try to update with more videos when it’s cooler to see if sound changes 😎 have always been a huge fan of S&B as I have always installed there products on all vehicles I have purchased!

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5472

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5474

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5475

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5476

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5477

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5473

Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I might inquire:
What Exhaust Mod do you have?
BTW sounds great to me.

OP
OP
22luxobx

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks no mods but this and a blow off valve that’s it. Eventually would like to get SPD performance exhaust when they release more options!

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive seen you out and about in Vegas a few times :)

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got my S&B CAI installed on my 2.7 few days ago. Will say as far as noise goes it’s a little bit louder no changes as far as tone being deeper but I do live in Las Vegas so the heat may have a play in it for now turbos seem to be louder as well.

Will say throttle response feels a lot better. Does seem to get better gas mileage as well.

Very happy with the quality of the kit will say it’s a bummer to lose the water bypass that Ford put in originally. They do have a second intake on side of the intake box near the fender side that you can leave open or seal shut. I have it open as we are going into the cooler season for the max performance they say. Otherwise I would of put it on for the heat. Installation video is nice and easy to follow install took about a hour and a half maybe 2 from stopping and watching video and doing other things in garage.

Here are some pics of the install and a sound clip. I will try to update with more videos when it’s cooler to see if sound changes 😎 have always been a huge fan of S&B as I have always installed there products on all vehicles I have purchased!

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake Installed Review on 2.7 Bronco IMG_5478

im running a k&n full air intake and its noticeable both in sound(way cool) and power

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two questions. Are there any drain holes in the bottom to drain any water that may come into the intake, and is there any way to remove / install that side plate without removing the box? TIA.

OP
OP
22luxobx

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No and no. Here in Vegas we have been getting crazy rain and flooding. I drove through a few floods and was worried it took in a bunch of water but was dry. But a drain plug would be nice. And I tried pushing it on the side but it seems to difficult. Maybe if you have smaller hands but I could not do it. You might be able to take the lid off and go through that side to push it through and on.
Sponsored