Sponsored

Anyone done exhaust and air intake mods?

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would also suggest the Mishimoto CAI and the Flowmaster Flow FX cat back as a winning combination.
Sponsored

BroncMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Miss the days I had headers and side pipes? 77 Jeep CJ5 304ci V8, hookman Headers, Thrush Mufflers just past the door 35" General Grabbers. Dating myself. LoL

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Gtrekker Are you happy with the Mishimoto CAI? It looks like it is one of only a few intakes that does replace the tube all the way to the passenger turbo (gets rid of that odd restricted factory bend). Can you confirm?
Hey, I am happy with it, nice install. It was a new item release so not sure which hoses came with it. I did order their hose upgrade as well. Easy install...

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I’m new here. Has anyone done a mod on their exhaust and air intake? Looking brand and installation advice. I’d like to think I could do it on my own.
I did the Borla Cat Back Touring single outlet and k&n intake and charge tubes. I like the sound of the exhaust, not too loud or droning. The intake and charge tube gives me much more turbo whine and really can hear the blow off valves….annoying at first but now I like it.

install of exhaust was pretty straight forward, tho I suggest two people (I did it myself but I have a garage full of toys/tools). The intake and charge tube was frustrating and I needed to buy some tools to remove the clamps and the quality of the k&n kit was not what I would have expected (my review is on their site and Amazon).

my major complaint is the borla exhaust….caused by my OCD. It sits in the middle left of the back of the car….no symmetry

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the Flowmaster FX and just got the K&N CAI as well as the Ford Performance Tune. Installing the CAI and Ford performance tune soon.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the Borla Cat Back Touring single outlet and k&n intake and charge tubes. I like the sound of the exhaust, not too loud or droning. The intake and charge tube gives me much more turbo whine and really can hear the blow off valves….annoying at first but now I like it.

install of exhaust was pretty straight forward, tho I suggest two people (I did it myself but I have a garage full of toys/tools). The intake and charge tube was frustrating and I needed to buy some tools to remove the clamps and the quality of the k&n kit was not what I would have expected (my review is on their site and Amazon).

my major complaint is the borla exhaust….caused by my OCD. It sits in the middle left of the back of the car….no symmetry
Been looking at the Borla ATAK. Have photos of "It sits in the middle left of the back of the car….no symmetry"

That may sway me away from Borla...

Thanks.
Sponsored