Sponsored

Anyone done exhaust and air intake mods?

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I apologize if this has already been covered, but I’m new here. Has anyone done a mod on their exhaust and air intake? Looking brand and installation advice. I’d like to think I could do it on my own.
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An axel back kit is super easy to install. I didn’t want overly aggressive sounding so I went fast intentions. I had an easy tutorial online and it was done in less than 20 min. I couldn’t be happier. Just purchased an afe intake and haven’t installed it yet but it seems like a little more work but doable. Other intake options are probably a bit easier since they reuse factory plumbing.

dark_star

Wildtrak
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a ‘23 Wildtrak 4dr 2.7. I added a Roush cold air intake and a Corsa Performance cat back exhaust w turndown tip. I also live in California so I went with the Roush CAI because it is the only one that is CARB certified for California emissions. I have noticed a more pronounced sound from the turbos spooling and the exhaust sounds pretty decent. I mean, it IS only a V6, so it is what it is. I’m considering switching back to stock exhaust - I haven’t noticed any real performance difference…but then again I’ve only had them installed for a few weeks.

OP
OP
cmbyrd77

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a ‘23 Wildtrak 4dr 2.7. I added a Roush cold air intake and a Corsa Performance car back exhaust w turndown tip. I also live in California so I went with the Roush CAU because it is the only one that is CARB certified for California emissions. I have noticed a more pronounced sound from the turbos spooling and the exhaust sounds pretty decent. I mean, it IS a V6. I’m considering switching back to stock exhaust - I haven’t noticed any real performance difference…but then again I’ve only had them installed for a few weeks.
I’ve been looking at the Corsa intake and exhaust, but the straight pipes. It still doesn’t seem too aggressive. I hope. Lol

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I 2nd fast intentions exhaust. They give member discount too. Personally not a fan of the look of Bronco with straight pipes out the back

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I apologize if this has already been covered, but I’m new here. Has anyone done a mod on their exhaust and air intake? Looking brand and installation advice. I’d like to think I could do it on my own.
i went borla touring full exhaust cats backs were to loud and raspy for me
also full k&n air intake not just box and or filter burbles down low growls up high
wooshing every pedal with air intake
ps
added blow valve for the pisssssss during shifts

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Borla high clearance catback exhaust with Mishimoto cold air intake. Plus free flow cats. See signature line.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roush CAI (was the only thing available back in late '21) and AFE 3" Apollo series cat-back. Both were easy install.

21Area51BaDsas

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did an AWE cat back exhaust with turn down bash tip. Did it myself. Hardest part was separating the stock muffler from the exhaust pipe. Love the rumble. If you don' t get on it you can be inconspicuous in front of police or neighbors. It initially was a little louder than I anticipated but love hitting the gas to hear it.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got the CVF downpipe setup and magnaflow overlander catback on order. I’m looking forward to reporting back not doing intake for awhile I think. The Ford Performance tune is a great first step so far, regardless of other changes.

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Injen and Flowmaster outlaw with added resonator.

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there, we absolutely have!

Here's our Whipple intake filter coverage we did.

And here's one we did of our Roush exhaust a while back. We've had a few different set ups over the years.

And the Roush intake, as an example.

We have a WHOLEEEE playlist of videos, so I'll link that as well.

Here it is --> Lethal Performance Bronco Product Features

Outside of those, feel free to reach out to me or us here at Lethal Performance and we'll be more than happy to help any way we can prior to your purchase.

Thanks!

FischSD

Wildtrak
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a ‘23 Wildtrak 4dr 2.7. I added a Roush cold air intake and a Corsa Performance cat back exhaust w turndown tip. I also live in California so I went with the Roush CAI because it is the only one that is CARB certified for California emissions. I have noticed a more pronounced sound from the turbos spooling and the exhaust sounds pretty decent. I mean, it IS only a V6, so it is what it is. I’m considering switching back to stock exhaust - I haven’t noticed any real performance difference…but then again I’ve only had them installed for a few weeks.
Also in CA looking to do a CAI. You're 100% certain that the Roush cold air intake is the ONLY one that's CARB certified out of any CAIs on the market? Not challenging you in any way, just being lazy and will take your word for it so I don't have to go and do the research myself 😂 THANK YOU!!!

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Borla high clearance catback exhaust with Mishimoto cold air intake. Plus free flow cats. See signature line.
@Gtrekker Are you happy with the Mishimoto CAI? It looks like it is one of only a few intakes that does replace the tube all the way to the passenger turbo (gets rid of that odd restricted factory bend). Can you confirm?
Sponsored