Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll never understand why so many burn their money on worthless performance parts.
Plenty of people here add a lift and 37's or bigger with no intention of off-roading. Same with Lights, bumpers, etc. Who cares? People will spend money on things they want to spend it on.
Sponsored

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Plenty of people here add a lift and 37's or bigger with no intention of off-roading. Same with Lights, bumpers, etc. Who cares? People will spend money on things they want to spend it on.
You're comparing aesthetic purchases to a hidden "performance" part that does effectively nothing. Apples to dumpsters.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're comparing aesthetic purchases to a hidden "performance" part that does effectively nothing. Apples to dumpsters.
The intake looks much more aesthetic pleasing to me than the factory one. I'd buy it again for that alone. $350 hurts the wallet much less than several thousand dollars in parts to look cool in the starbucks drive thru

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

damn people really love to bitch about whatever doesnt fit their own narrative as if the world revolves around them. who tf cares, get out and drive

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
damn people really love to bitch about whatever doesnt fit their own narrative as if the world revolves around them. who tf cares, get out and drive
I expressed an opinion about a worthless part but thanks for being the butthurt police. GTFOH.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expressed an opinion about a worthless part but thanks for being the butthurt police. GTFOH.
Please explain, with actual facts, how it is worthless. I always here this argument, but it seems they all seemed void of actual data and information. When I say that, I mean the people who say the intakes are worthless on A or B or C.

For once I would like to read a data-driven argument, not an opinion.

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please explain, with actual facts, how it is worthless. I always here this argument, but it seems they all seemed void of actual data and information. When I say that, I mean the people who say the intakes are worthless on A or B or C.

For once I would like to read a data-driven argument, not an opinion.
Perhaps you should do some research yourself and learn how turbo motors work. The short answer is they do nothing to increase performance but they do make cool sucking noises.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps you should do some research yourself and learn how turbo motors work. The short answer is they do nothing to increase performance but they do make cool sucking noises.
Hmm interesting. Because research I HAVE DONE, on quite a few Turbo Mototrs says, a more efficient engine delivers better power. In short more sucking noises injest more air into the system, and along with a free-flowing exhaust, makes more power.

But I digress. All of the dyno pulls I have done over the years must have all been wrong! How dare they! I feel...so cheated now.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

LOL only one here buthurt is you for getting called out on shitting on mods. read the room dude, no one GAF about your "trash" opinions.

cleaner pipes, larger intake opening, reusable filter, filter window, increased intake/BOV volume, first raptor intake on the market, on and on seems worth it to me for 350. and if theres any HP increase thats an added bonus.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL only one here buthurt is you for getting called out on shitting on mods. read the room dude, no one GAF about your "trash" opinions.

cleaner pipes, larger intake opening, reusable filter, filter window, increased intake/BOV volume, first raptor intake on the market, on and on seems worth it to me for 350. and if theres any HP increase thats an added bonus.
🔥👋 Just warming my hands by the fire

Sponsored

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Hey it's your money you're lighting on fire. Rationalize whatever you need to feel better about it.

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmm interesting. Because research I HAVE DONE, on quite a few Turbo Mototrs says, a more efficient engine delivers better power. In short more sucking noises injest more air into the system, and along with a free-flowing exhaust, makes more power.

But I digress. All of the dyno pulls I have done over the years must have all been wrong! How dare they! I feel...so cheated now.
That's the thing. It's not putting any more air into the system. The system is designed to allow a certain volume of air at the inlet to the turbo. You're not providing any more volume because it is atmospheric and it gets heated the instant it enters the turbo. The ONLY thing it may be doing is reducing the intake air temp a negligible amount. You'd have to reduce the intake temp roughly 10 degrees to make an additional ONE hp.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the thing. It's not putting any more air into the system. The system is designed to allow a certain volume of air at the inlet to the turbo. You're not providing any more volume because it is atmospheric and it gets heated the instant it enters the turbo. The ONLY thing it may be doing is reducing the intake air temp a negligible amount. You'd have to reduce the intake temp roughly 10 degrees to make an additional ONE hp.
Soooooo the CAI+Charge pipes+Intercooler+downpipe all work together to do what again?
If you have followed any of the threads, people speak of the system WORKING TOGETHER to let the engine be more efficient. More efficiency leads to less work, less heat soak, and less restriction which all leads to more power.

I mean if you feel this does nothing, rip out your BRaptor system and toss a regular Bronco one in. According to you, should not make a difference at all. You could then sell the BRaptor to the ignorant masses, Profit!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's a 2.7 making good gains with just an intake that is of similar design. Given the similarities with the 2.7 and 3.0 I would be surprised if there wasn't any gains. I've been in the performance world for 15 years now and have seen intakes make power time and time again on turbo'd vehicles. Giving air a smooth and efficient path to the compressor wheel(s) makes a big difference.
Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake - Raptor Edition 1708633173118

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco S&B Cold Air Intake - Raptor Edition IMG_8732

Got it installed a few days ago, mostly straight forward process. The video covers just about everything you need to know. Took about 1.5 hours
Sponsored