Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one I have from S&B is a dry filter, they do have an oil one but I’m steering clear of them. Very happy with this one so far. That stock filter looks terrible though.
Thank you for this information. Could you please provide us with a link where we can purchase it? Thanks
Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have questions.....

How fast were you going through the mud hole to get that much sediment that high on your inner fender support?
What else have you had to replace? Alternator?
It looks like you had a lot of fun, can I come next time???
I haven't had to replace anything. The alternator has been fine, but I replaced the alternator cover with the revised version from Ford found in other threads.

The more the merrier, if you are ever in FL lol but honestly it doesn't take much to get that much sediment into the airbox. This was also after a very very dusty run at an off-road park here in FL.

Here is a screen grab from a video a friend took. Once water goes by the hood and grill, it is getting into the airbox, even with the little flap they have on it. I agree you should be at a crawl going through water but a little fun (speed) and this happens. Sometimes you need a little speed to get through a water/mud hole... I remedied it with a snorkel since there is a lot of water in FL.

Ford Bronco S&B Dry Air Filter Review 324742888_539872194747978_5049665424741015201_n

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a great price. How many times can you wash and reuse?

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nix that. I don't see a mileage recommendation but it says you can blow it out with air. If i remember right it's 30k miles for the stock filter, probably run this for 40k blowing out every 10k miles.

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any increase in turbo sound / noise?
Ford Bronco S&B Dry Air Filter Review i2360868137

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am interesting in this one but also don't want to take chance of more dirt getting in the system just for little better airflow.

I'm not necessarily brand loyal to any one air filter company but I did buy a DRY AFE Power filter when it was on sale in July, about $70 I believe. 🤷‍♂️

I still have it sitting on my shelf, was waiting for 10k miles before replace it but after reading this, might do it sooner......I like the MPG improvement, aside from the throttle response as indicated from the OP.

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it was definitely worth the cost. I also noticed I’m getting 1-2 mpg more. This could be complete coincidence. Nothing has changed in my route every morning, same driving style, same gas. It’s been hot as hell here in FL. I was getting around 19.8-20 before

Take the filter out completely and you will probably gain another 1-2 MPG's! lol

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Take the filter out completely and you will probably gain another 1-2 MPG's! lol
Now thats an idea!!! Some people just think soooooo far out of the box........clearly a leader!

🍺:geek:(y)

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interesting in this one but also don't want to take chance of more dirt getting in the system just for little better airflow.
Project Farm on YouTube did a test on K&N washable filters and they let in so much dust. I agree, I don’t want my engine eating so much dirt to get more HP or MPG. Filters are there for a reason.

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone on here running the K&N drop filter. And willing to admit it. Just looking for real world experience from those that are running it. Good or Bad! I have read here where several Bronco owners have changed out their entire intakes for a CAI from K&N. So besides a "YouTube" video result. Just looking for information from our group. Has anyone had a severe Negative result from the (RED OILED) K&N drop in?? I have one New still in the box waiting for the first oil change to install it. But if popular opinion and actual results of engine damage has happened , I'd be all ears as to what happened. I'm not above returning New unused part for something safer and better for my Wildtrak. These things cost way too damn much and are to hard to get. Thanks in advance for any and all responses

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone on here running the K&N drop filter. And willing to admit it. Just looking for real world experience from those that are running it. Good or Bad! I have read here where several Bronco owners have changed out their entire intakes for a CAI from K&N. So besides a "YouTube" video result. Just looking for information from our group. Has anyone had a severe Negative result from the (RED OILED) K&N drop in?? I have one New still in the box waiting for the first oil change to install it. But if popular opinion and actual results of engine damage has happened , I'd be all ears as to what happened. I'm not above returning New unused part for something safer and better for my Wildtrak. These things cost way too damn much and are to hard to get. Thanks in advance for any and all responses
I put a K&N Filter in my Nissan Frontier a while back. I was in AZ at the time, lots of dust. I didn't notice any gains, but not long after I noticed quite a bit of loss in MPG and Power. I wont ever put a K&N filter in anything again.

They are probably good for track cars that don't deal with the dust, and as long as they are cleaned and oiled (or replaced) frequently, long before they get dirty (as soon as the oil looses tackyness, they no longer filter), but I don't drive a track car...

When oiled filters get dirty, they let dirt into your engine.
When dry filters get dirty, they block air into your engine.
I know what I'd prefer to happen if I accidentally let a filter run for too long.

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

that’s why I went with the aftermarket dry filter, oil is just too much of a hassle, and gets on everything. This one was a good compromise. I believe it’s still doing a good job filtering. The stock air box is more than capable of flowing more air than is needed, even with a tune. I’ve seen the aftermarket air intakes, and it just looks like you’re replacing the box with a new one. Everything is still in same location.
Sponsored