Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New safety recall launched today for:

2021 Bronco built February 19, 2021 through September 16, 2021

2022 Bronco built September 1, 2021 through September 3, 2021 (Possible typo, build dates don’t seem correct)

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL:

In some of the affected vehicles, the side impact sensors may not have been properly installed. A side impact sensor that is not installed properly may not detect certain side impact events. The incorrect side impact sensor readings could cause the affected air bags to unintentionally deploy or to not deploy when intended, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.

SERVICE ACTION:
Dealers are to inspect for a missing B-pillar crash sensor mounting stud, missing retainer nut and/or loose mounting stud. If nut is missing a nut must be installed. If the stud is missing or loose, the dealer will follow the repair procedure to weld a new stud in place and apply a corrosion resistant coating. The dealers will be instructed to contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) to obtain a stud until service parts are available through the depots. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Not sure how they missed welding on a whole stud for a crash sensor, but this should be interesting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How can you find out when your vehicle was built? I don’t remember the exact date.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How can you find out when your vehicle was built? I don’t remember the exact date.
If you want, you can PM me your VIN. I can look it up

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2022 Bronco built September 1, 2021 through September 3, 2021

In some of the affected vehicles, the side impact sensors may not have been properly installed. A side impact sensor that is not installed properly may not detect certain side impact events. The incorrect side impact sensor readings could cause the affected air bags to unintentionally deploy or to not deploy when intended, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.

SERVICE ACTION:
Dealers are to inspect for a missing B-pillar crash sensor mounting stud, missing retainer nut and/or loose mounting stud. If nut is missing a nut must be installed. If the stud is missing or loose, the dealer will follow the repair procedure to weld a new stud in place and apply a corrosion resistant coating. The dealers will be instructed to contact the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) to obtain a stud until service parts are available through the depots. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Not sure how they missed welding on a whole stud for a crash sensor, but this should be interesting.
Plot twist: it was the MAP Supplemental Restraint System quality control team that Ford sent over to the Webasto plant to "fix" the quality control debacle there last year.

Also, Ford made MY22 units for 3 days in September last year?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, Ford made MY22 units for 3 days in September last year?
Good point. I don’t think any MY22’s were built until December. That’s just the dates the recall gives.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of you who installed grab handles using those side-impact air bag bolts may want to remove the handles before taking it in. I could just see Ford telling you to pound sand.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of you who installed grab handles using those side-impact air bag bolts may want to remove the handles before taking it in. I could just see Ford telling you to pound sand.
Those are curtain airbags, this recall is for the sensor on the B pillar

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022 Bronco built September 1, 2021 through September 3, 2021

SERVICE ACTION:

I have been so lucky.....NONE of the recalls have affected my Bronco. (hopefully it stays that way and no problems with the MIC).

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe your window sticker has a blend date on it that should let you know. If this is correct, someone chime in and confirm.
True, while it’s not the exact build date, it’ll give you an estimated guess if you’re close to the recall window