Sponsored

Sasquatch and.......mud flaps (splash guards)

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have a little over 250 miles on the Wildtrak so far. Took the fam down some of the gravel back roads yesterday to enjoy some top down cruising.

The Goodyear Territories pick up a ton of gravel and throw it up against the step bars and some does hit the body work. Knowing I won't be doing much offroading where they'd impact clearance I'm considering adding splash guards

I see Ford's accessory page has a few options, from Gatorback and Ford. From $50 to $450 a pair. WHAT makes the Gatorbacks worth that much!?!

Any suggestions for aftermarket or otherwise I'd be interested in hearing
Sponsored

Last edited:

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have a stroke while writing that? (Good edit, I redact my statement)

Take the fenders and mud flaps off pronto! Then drive that pony through a bush for the proper pin striping and trail cred... No other solution is permissible for y'alls mall crawlers!

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you have a stroke while writing that?

Take the fenders and mud flaps off pronto! Then drive that pony through a bush for the proper pin striping and trail cred... No other solution is permissible for y'alls mall crawlers!
This Android based autocorrect on a Fire tablet kills me.

I'll get it dinged up, but The constant ring and twang of the stones on the step is sooo disconcerting

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have a stroke while writing that?

Exactly this! I might just cut some brush, scratch it up then get a hammer and whack it in one spot on day one. Then and only then will I be okay taking her off-road and getting some Nevada pinstriping.

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly this! I might just cut some brush, scratch it up then get a hammer and whack it in one spot on day one. Then and only then will I be okay taking her off-road and getting some Nevada pinstriping.
I already have a lovely overgrown crick I plan on running my pony down after my break in period just to get that philly filly* looking right!

*lol, I am not a smart man...🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although slightly different versions, I had Gatorbak mud flaps on my Chevy Silverado (see below). These were a bit different as the top part was metal and they stuck out slightly for off-set wheels/tires.

Anyways, they were easy to install and well-built. I really, really dislike most mud flaps and I did a lot of research on these prior to buying them. I think the look on an SUV/truck typically looks bad (IMO) however I wanted to cut down on crap spraying up the side of my truck. These did the trick (likely the off-set helped as well) and I liked the look of them.

I’m not sure I’ll get mud flaps on the Bronco. Definitely will take more convincing and seeing it on others before I go down that path. I’ll likely purchase side-steps first to cut down on some rocks and help get into the vehicle before I go the mud flap route. But if you’re looking at Gatorbak, they are a great product.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch and.......mud flaps (splash guards) 288FF199-C8AC-442F-A84A-58763F5A7458

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a thread under the Exterior Modifications called Removable Mud Flaps that shows the gatorbacks. TruckHardware is the IG handle for the manufacturer and they have more photos/videos. They sent me a bunch of photos via PM on IG, but I have no idea how to save/share those images here even though they gave me permission. They are more expensive, but keep in mind that their product can be removed (the flap) for off road use.

Last edited:

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are the tires on the Sasquatch package noisy?

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are the tires on the Sasquatch package noisy?
I’m new to the off-road M+S tire scene, I was expecting worse. Can you hear them at 30mph yes. But it’s not overly loud and still easy to talk over and you don’t have to blast the radio. Kids had no problem sleeping through it

Pibblemobile

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT 302A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gatorbacks will last the life of the vehicle as their extremely heavy duty. We put these on the Superduty's especially the dually's.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have a stroke while writing that? (Good edit, I redact my statement)

You must live on a paved road in a subdivision. Mud flaps are a must where I live unless I want to be physically coated in mud 6 months out of the year just getting in and out of my vehicle.

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You must live on a paved road in a subdivision. Mud flaps are a must where I live unless I want to be physically coated in mud 6 months out of the year just getting in and out of my vehicle.
They don't call them the Rocky Mountains for nothing.

Mud is not a common problem for me on the Western slope.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't call them the Rocky Mountains for nothing.

Mud is not a common problem for me on the Western slope.
Ah, I see your situation! I just washed my Bronco and it immediate is covered with sand when I drive down the road. (I live off the actual road)

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have a little over 250 miles on the Wildtrak so far. Took the fam down some of the gravel back roads yesterday to enjoy some top down cruising.

The Goodyear Territories pick up a ton of gravel and throw it up against the step bars and some does hit the body work. Knowing I won't be doing much offroading where they'd impact clearance I'm considering adding splash guards

I see Ford's accessory page has a few options, from Gatorback and Ford. From $50 to $450 a pair. WHAT makes the Gatorbacks worth that much!?!

Any suggestions for aftermarket or otherwise I'd be interested in hearing
These are cheapos from the local auto store ($29 Canadian pesos). 1/4 inch x 1 & 1/4 self-tapping screws line up with the lower two cowling push pin fasteners, one on the fender flare and one in the sidestep.

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_1666.jpeg

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m doing cheapo ones tomorrow. Took her off road for the first time today on mixed mud/gravel roads and the gravel pings you hear once you get back on the road are terrible.
Sponsored