Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep had vibration due to those Goodyear tires on my sasquatch. I hated it and had them road force balanced but they were so bad I replaced them with bf goodrich ko2 and it's smooth now on the highway. Night and day over the Goodyears
I think I read on another post that those tires are much heavier than the stock Goodyears. Did you notice any other changes after you switched?

I wonder if there is some type of warranty through Goodyear. I donā€™t really want to lay out another few thousand for tires if I can avoid it.

Snowboarder777

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think I read on another post that those tires are much heavier than the stock Goodyears. Did you notice any other changes after you switched?

I wonder if there is some type of warranty through Goodyear. I donā€™t really want to lay out another few thousand for tires if I can avoid it.
They feel much lighter then the Goodyears and have very smooth comfortable ride. The good years slam hard over bad pavement and were noisy. The KO2 are quieter and much more forgiving.

OP
OP
AZsasquatch

AZsasquatch

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, I wish it came with those stock. Thanks for the info, those are gonna be the next ones I buy!

They feel much lighter then the Goodyears and have very smooth comfortable ride. The good years slam hard over bad pavement and were noisy. The KO2 are quieter and much more forgiving.

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have said, guarantee its a wheel/tire on one of the front corners thats out of balance. Has nothing to do with offroad tires. Got 37x13.5's on my Jeep and can run 80mph without a single twitch in the steering wheel
Donā€™t all jeep steering wheels wander above 40? Iā€™ve never driven a Jeep that didnā€™t

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t all jeep steering wheels wander above 40? Iā€™ve never driven a Jeep that didnā€™t
Any SFA vehicle wanders a bit, some more then others. My Jeep has it's days where it's not as great, but for the large majority of the time, it's very very composed. I can quite literally drive it on the highway at 80mph with my wrist resting on the top of the wheel. I do have about ~$1500 in steering related parts (Steer Smarts Tie Rod and Drag Link, Falcon Stabilizer, Sector Shaft brace) to get it to drive nicely. No steering wheel shake like OP is speaking of though.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve noticed this on my baseSquatch, it definitely had some rumble at speed. I swapped wheels today and my tire guy said the tires were PITA to get balanced properly, so if it gets worse I might see what Ford will do warranty wise, otherwise Iā€™ll suck it up and get some other tires.

OP
OP
AZsasquatch

AZsasquatch

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Check for gravel or stones in the tread -OR- in the wheel (rim) before having some tire guy check it out - Even my little Subaru collects rocks ...
This was the solution! I didnā€™t realize how much gravel was really stuck in the tread. I pulled out quite a few pieces and the steering wheel shake is gone. Not looking forward to doing that after every time I drive on gravel, but at least I donā€™t have to pay for a balance.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bigger the tires, the more effort that goes into balancing them. Road force balancers came to market because the construction of the current generation of radial tires can't be statically balanced effectively. The tires and the wide use of aluminum wheels result in a deformation under load that impacts the balance.

Have those with the vibration ever dropped their tire pressure significantly? If the tire bead moves on the rim, that will definitely create a balance issue.

You can take them to a Ford dealer and have them balanced under warranty generally, just make sure the dealer has a road force balancer (I would expect all do by now). If you take it to a tire shop with a road force balancer, make sure they understand they may need to turn the tire on the rim to get it to balance. I ran into one large chain shop where the guy running the balancer tried to tell me my wheel was bent because he couldn't balance it. He didn't know he had to move the tire on the rim to reduce the out-of-balance situation.

Sponsored

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a tire shop and here are my notes:
-Goodyears get a tiny vibration between 64-67.
-Anything below or above nothing. Not a shimmy
-They have 19k miles on them and theyā€™re holding up.

Tires have been balanced and rotated twice. I donā€™t have a road force balancer but I have a new hunter hammer head and an older balancer. For shits, Iā€™ll put my Goodyears on both machines to see if there are any discrepancies after putting new weights on it. The tires always check out.

KO2ā€™s have been the best all around tire and people never come back to me with vibration issues even with a lot of miles on it

Just know when they wear down, it will take a lot of weights to balance them i.e. usually over 9oz.

Happy your issue was simple and is always my first go to when people call in. ā€œDid you go off roading? Did you remove the mud and gravel afterā€

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2012 all stock Wrangler, it doesn't really wander at all at 70+ unless there is crosswind.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? Iā€™ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!
Hint - they're going to open a "case number" with you and a customer advocate is going to call you and tell you to take it to the dealership for a warranty claim.

That's it. That's what they do. You already KNOW how to do this.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model