First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone have any experience with these or similar tires, what kind of mileage did you get out of them?
These are supposed to be new tire design.

Bfg k02s easily hit 60k miles, I will swap mine out at the dealer bc they are a far superior tire. And you can take them right off a raptor

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as you do regular tire rotations they should last a decent amount

OP
OP

NastyNate

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang, '06 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
These are supposed to be new tire design.

Bfg k02s easily hit 60k miles, I will swap mine out at the dealer bc they are a far superior tire. And you can take them right off a raptor
Thank you

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I managed to get 50k miles out of the previous generation Cooper STT mud tires. As far as KO2s I think I’ll probably get 70-80k out of mine. However I have the first generation KO2, not the mid cycle updated KO2s that are out now.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have any experience with these or similar tires, what kind of mileage did you get out of them?
My plan (in case this helps)...
I will get the base Bronco (no Sasquatch) and buy a second set of wheels/tires that will switch out with the OEMs every 6-8 months. I will try to get as big as possible for the second set to get two different "looks" on my Bronco (Big tires in Summer, Smaller Steel Wheels for Winter). I will also pick a design that is not "stock looking".

The tires will wear our 1/2 as fast, so my net incremental cost is just the price of the wheels.

You could do the reverse and buy smaller wheels/tires as your second set that you use when it is not offroad season (if that applies to you). Presumably you may get better mileage this way and "save" your bigger tires for when you actually will use them.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My plan (in case this helps)...
I will get the base Bronco (no Sasquatch) and buy a second set of wheels/tires that will switch out with the OEMs every 6-8 months. I will try to get as big as possible for the second set to get two different "looks" on my Bronco (Big tires in Summer, Smaller Steel Wheels for Winter). I will also pick a design that is not "stock looking".

The tires will wear our 1/2 as fast, so my net incremental cost is just the price of the wheels.

You could do the reverse and buy smaller wheels/tires as your second set that you use when it is not offroad season (if that applies to you). Presumably you may get better mileage this way and "save" your bigger tires for when you actually will use them.
If your anything like most, what will actually happen is you’ll just stick to the bigger tires permanently as the OE tires will look wimpy when switched back. And if you don’t go over 33’s and don’t run the undesirable 3.73 axle ratio then you will never notice the fuel economy difference on any real scale.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your anything like most, what will actually happen is you’ll just stick to the bigger tires permanently as the OE tires will look wimpy when switched back. And if you don’t go over 33’s and don’t run the undesirable 3.73 axle ratio then you will never notice the fuel economy difference on any real scale.
I get what you mean, but I have done this with my old Firebird and my current Mustang (both were daily drivers), so maybe I am not like most.

The Winter tires do look "wimpier" and are smaller... but they are better in the snow and wheels make the car look different which is kind of cool every six months.

Also, from what I have seen so far, the base stock steelies are really cool looking to me. They make the Bronco look more like the original Bronco, IMO. However, I know they will not be as capable as bigger tires.

The alternative is that I stick with the base tires and get out trouble in the mud by using my problem solving skills and tools like upside down floor mats in front of the tire, shovels, winch, etc. to get out. Much as I like driving with a manual transmission even though it is harder, maybe I would not mind getting into trouble that I could figure my way out of...

Also I figure bigger tires will cost me about 50 gallons of gas per year at 15K miles (for 7500 on each tire).... $150-200?

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get what you mean, but I have done this with my old Firebird and my current Mustang (both were daily drivers), so maybe I am not like most.

The Winter tires do look "wimpier" and are smaller... but they are better in the snow and wheels make the car look different which is kind of cool every six months.

Also, from what I have seen so far, the base stock steelies are really cool looking to me. They make the Bronco look more like the original Bronco, IMO. However, I know they will not be as capable as bigger tires.

The alternative is that I stick with the base tires and get out trouble in the mud by using my problem solving skills and tools like upside down floor mats in front of the tire, shovels, winch, etc. to get out. Much like I like driving with a manual transmission even though it is harder, maybe I would not mind getting into trouble that I could figure my way out of...
I love the base rims myself, the only issue is that they are 7” wide where most midsize off-road tires require a minimum of 7.5” rim which is annoying.

Also if your driving the manual the gearing is much better, along with some A/T tires having snow ready rating you may be able to find an in between.

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use E rated 33" Duratracs on my current rig and they can go well over 60k miles. I dont know if the sasquatch tires will be E or D rated but they should still have a pretty long life.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use E rated 33" Duratracs on my current rig and they can go well over 60k miles. I dont know if the sasquatch tires will be E or D rated but they should still have a pretty long life.
Unless it’s a super aggressive mud terrain or high performance street tire, I think 50k miles is widely accepted as what to expect as the basement minimum number of miles and pretty much all A/T should be able to get that today.
Obviously with good tire rotation regiment.

BWONCOSWULE!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
does anyone know if FORD is for sure going with Generals for the Sasquach? I would prefer, KO2s, Duratracs, or KM3s. It would be nice if we could choose or even pay extra to upgrade straight from the factory.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

does anyone know if FORD is for sure going with Generals for the Sasquach? I would prefer, KO2s, Duratracs, or KM3s. It would be nice if we could choose or even pay extra to upgrade straight from the factory.
The Sasquatch gets Goodyear Territory M/T 35”, not Generals.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch tire life / mileage? 1596019707161-

Ford Bronco Sasquatch tire life / mileage? fordbronco_parts_07-compressed-jpg-

Last edited: