Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello. I'm right around 33K miles on my original set of BFG K02 33's on my non-squatch Badlands. I've noticed in the colder, wetter weather that I'm slipping and sliding a bit more. Traction control is still doing an awesome job. But today, I understeered BAD on a right hand turn at a light. It was a perfect storm of up hill with wet weather on new asphalt at about 40 degrees. I'm on the lookout for new tires but would love to hear if 33K miles is about the right lifespan to start noticing this behavior? How many miles have you guys gotten?
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello. I'm right around 33K miles on my original set of BFG K02 33's on my non-squatch Badlands. I've noticed in the colder, wetter weather that I'm slipping and sliding a bit more. Traction control is still doing an awesome job. But today, I understeered BAD on a right hand turn at a light. It was a perfect storm of up hill with wet weather on new asphalt at about 40 degrees. I'm on the lookout for new tires but would love to hear if 33K miles is about the right lifespan to start noticing this behavior? How many miles have you guys gotten?
BF Goodrich KO2 have a 50k mile warranty…

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/aut...OlEQcyy8vhXlpVRVuVRoC-I8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

OP
OP
fuesting

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize they have a warranty but I've never had success with tire warranties. It's not so much the tread wear as the performance. They have a lot of tread left. The vehicle just isn't handling like it used to. Might be the compound is hardening like lapazleo stated. I was curious how long people have driven their k02's.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got 28k out of my KO2s and they were trashed, and I am not an aggressive driver. Backs were completely worn, and the fronts had decent tread but were "choppy" and loud. Took it to the dealer at 25k and they told me they were over-inflated, and there was nothing they could do. I said that is funny because I only ever had it serviced at the dealer, so you are the ones who overinflated them. The dealer quoted me replacement KO2s at $547 PER TIRE plus mounting balancing, etc. I said thanks, but hard pass. LOL. So like you, I have not had good luck with tire warranties. Same non-squatch Badlands. The only reason I even looked at them, is like your experience, I broke the rear end free at about 25 mph on a freeway on ramp in wet weather with moderate throttle.

My plan was to try Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws, but I found a deal too good to pass up on an exact replacement set of brand-new KO2s on marketplace. So I am giving them another shot. Reading a lot of reviews has me thinking that maybe I got a bad set. People love them, but I was not thrilled. Hoping this set does better.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BFG KO2's are pretty much crap after 25K miles and will slip and slide in rain, snow, and mud exponentially after that.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never got more than 30k on any BFG. After four sets on three different vehicles I've moved on.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm at 16,6k and two years and this winter I'm finding myself at a loss for wet traction. Treadlife is still good. Traction, not so much.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
18K miles on my KO2s and heading into my 2nd winter in Oregon.

To me, the traction is still great in the wet. Haven't had snow yet, though.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've replaced tires at 75K and at 15K. Tread depth is just one factor of a tire's life span. Replace them when they tell you they need replaced. They're a wear item like anything else.
When you notice a real difference in performance, time to get new tires.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

23,000 on mine. 2021 non squatch BL. Garage kept. I’m hoping for another 10,000 miles. No noticeable difference in performance but of course I’m in FL mild climate. I do 4 tire rotation every 10,000 miles at dealer, except first at 5,000 miles

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7k easy miles. No noticable wear. Break loose super easily on wet pavement on acceleration.

OP
OP
fuesting

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm now at 34K after this weekend's hockey trips. I've been breaking the rear loose for about 7K miles. Now the front is feeling more like my Subaru understeering. I guess its time I move on. I'm considering some Kenda Klever 35" 10.5" pizza cutters. I hate buying tires.... Thank you everyone for the input. I'm not alone with my situation...

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm now at 34K after this weekend's hockey trips. I've been breaking the rear loose for about 7K miles. Now the front is feeling more like my Subaru understeering. I guess its time I move on. I'm considering some Kenda Klever 35" 10.5" pizza cutters. I hate buying tires.... Thank you everyone for the input. I'm not alone with my situation...
Go with the Kendas. I did and they are great. Same noise level as KO2. Ride and handle great. Amazong in rocks and mud

20231118_135243.jpg
Sponsored