Sponsored

TPMS & what pressure should I run in the new BFG K02's?

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got my new EG BB yesterday put 285/70s on it. I am assuming that the tpms is set for the factory tires that came on it. 255/75s My question is what pressure should I run in the new BFG K02's? 35psi? Or do I go by what Fordpass app says which I am assuming is thinking I am still running the 255s.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my new EG BB yesterday put 285/70s on it. I am assuming that the tpms is set for the factory tires that came on it. 255/75s My question is what pressure should I run in the new BFG K02's? 35psi? Or do I go by what Fordpass app says which I am assuming is thinking I am still running the 255s.
The new Ford Bronco uses a Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), versus an Indirect TPMS, so it measures actual tire pressure rather than just calculates theoretical air pressure based on wheel sensor readings and extrapolations from the actual running circumference of under- or over-inflated tires.

https://www.ateq-tpms.com/wp-conten...S-Diagnostic-Information-2021-Ford-Bronco.pdf

https://www.bridgestonetire.com/learn/maintenance/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-how-tpms-works/#

Bottom line, the FordPass app’s tire pressure measurement is pretty accurate, regardless of your chosen tire size.

Last edited:

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone happen to know what type of TPMS sensors I need for new wheels/tires? I'm not familiar w/ TPMS and not clear if there is a specific model needed to work with my Bronco or if they're sort of universal? Anyone have any links to sets they've bought/used? Thanks!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Motorcraft ones from Rockauto.com, they come programmed.
A bit spendy, but I didn't have to do a thing.
Tire shop mounted the TPMS's and tires, I installed them on the Bronco.
Never skipped a beat, I had readings nearly immediately .... tire shop aired them to 50 psi !!!!!
The ride would jar your kidneys out!

I went from Base 16" 30's to 35 x 11.5-17 Load Range C.
I consulted the charts/calculators they have created for this scenario and aired the tire down to the suggested 32/33 psi. It rides pretty well at those pressures.
Sponsored