Sponsored

What tire pressure are Sasquatch people running?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got my Eruption Green Wildtrack a week ago. I like the truck a lot, but one thing I did notice was an extremely firm ride. Going over a speedbump, especially the back tires, was a jarring experience. I checked the tire pressure, and of course the dealer had left the tires set at 45PSI.... I checked the door sticker on the Bronco since the SAS tires are stock, but it said 39PSI! Coming from a Wrangler, with 35x12.5" tires, I typically ran around 28PSI.

I did not want to overdo it, so I dropped the pressure down to 39PSI as per the door sticker. This definitely made an improvement in the ride, but it is still pretty stiff for my tastes. Considering a Wrangler is a similar weight to a Bronco, and 28-30PSI on a Wrangler was fine for me for years, I really feel like 39PSI on the Bronco is still an extremely high tire pressure. I really wonder if the 39PSI is more appropriate for the 10" wide tires that come stock on the Outer Banks and Big Ben.

So my question for Sasquatch people is:
What PSI are you running in your tires?
How long can you drop the PSI before the warning lights come on on the dash?
Can you change the threshold that the warning lights pop up?
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just got my Eruption Green Wildtrack a week ago. I like the truck a lot, but one thing I did notice was an extremely firm ride. Going over a speedbump, especially the back tires, was a jarring experience. I checked the tire pressure, and of course the dealer had left the tires set at 45PSI.... I checked the door sticker on the Bronco since the SAS tires are stock, but it said 39PSI! Coming from a Wrangler, with 35x12.5" tires, I typically ran around 28PSI.

I did not want to overdo it, so I dropped the pressure down to 39PSI as per the door sticker. This definitely made an improvement in the ride, but it is still pretty stiff for my tastes. Considering a Wrangler is a similar weight to a Bronco, and 28-30PSI on a Wrangler was fine for me for years, I really feel like 39PSI on the Bronco is still an extremely high tire pressure. I really wonder if the 39PSI is more appropriate for the 10" wide tires that come stock on the Outer Banks and Big Ben.

So my question for Sasquatch people is:
What PSI are you running in your tires?
How long can you drop the PSI before the warning lights come on on the dash?
Can you change the threshold that the warning lights pop up?
39psi hwy and reg driving. Lower when crawling or sand/snow etc.

Seems to ride and handle fine at the 39 psi.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
39psi hwy and reg driving. Lower when crawling or sand/snow etc.

Seems to ride and handle fine at the 39 psi.
So you are running by the door sticker, which makes sense. at 39PSI I would not call the ride terrible, it is just stiffer than I like. I had read everyone talk about the ride quality of the Sasquatch suspension, and set from the factory, my wife's Rubicon JLU has a more compliant ride on the street.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
36psi in front and 34psi in the rear works for me
As the car warms up that pressure will increase and maintain a soft ride
Great info! at 34PSI, do the dash warning lights get triggered?

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine are set @ 39 PSI @ 65 degrees. They shift wildly due to the wild temperature swings we have been having, Wednesday it was 10 degrees and Thursday it was 60 degrees so hard to keep them exact..
Same here.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you are running by the door sticker, which makes sense. at 39PSI I would not call the ride terrible, it is just stiffer than I like. I had read everyone talk about the ride quality of the Sasquatch suspension, and set from the factory, my wife's Rubicon JLU has a more compliant ride on the street.
Could probably get away with 37 or so. I just dont want to have an issue and get told I should've followed the door specs for psi. Running them lower could create a little more wear and less mpg, but should grip a bit better and ride a bit softer.

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the vehicle to a flat road and run a chalk line across the tread pattern from one side of the tire to the other. Drive a bit, 50 yards or so. Check the wear on the chalk. If the center is worn, there is too much tire pressure. If the edges are worn there is too little. Adjust until the chalk mark wears evenly.

If you just want comfort, damn the science and pic something that makes you fell comfy. Lol.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could probably get away with 37 or so. I just dont want to have an issue and get told I should've followed the door specs for psi. Running them lower could create a little more wear and less mpg, but should grip a bit better and ride a bit softer.
I'm at 37 as well. I might bring it up to 39 for the mpg soon though.

Edit 1/1/2024: I keep them at 35 cold, and they warm up to 37. They feel fine to me, but I think it's mostly just preference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am running 35 30 empty, and still watching/adjusting. Great ride and much more compliant. Remember Ford has to pump them up for towing/hauling maximums. I do neither most of the time......

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am running 35 30 empty, and still watching/adjusting. Great ride and much more compliant. Remember Ford has to pump them up for towing/hauling maximums. I do neither most of the time......
so you are running 35 front, 30 rear? Does that trigger the dashboard lights?

Richie

Wildtrak
First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2001 XJ, 1989 LX Mustang, 17 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take the vehicle to a flat road and run a chalk line across the tread pattern from one side of the tire to the other. Drive a bit, 50 yards or so. Check the wear on the chalk. If the center is worn, there is too much tire pressure. If the edges are worn there is too little. Adjust until the chalk mark wears evenly.

If you just want comfort, damn the science and pic something that makes you fell comfy. Lol.
That's the answer for even tire wear!

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure exactly what PSI sets the light off but it will probably be around 25psi
On my Jeeps the TPMS lights would go off at 32PSI, but everyone just bought an AEV Procal and either disabled it or turned it down. 35s on a Jeep at 35PSI would bounce you off the road.
Sponsored