Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm coming from owning performance leaning vehicles (outside of my current beater) where tires are lucky to last 30-40K...with that said, what are the expectations of tire life for what is coming out of the factory?

I'm getting a non-sas Big Bend if that helps at all.
Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say you might get the same amount of life out of them. I have a Sasquatch and I am expecting about 25k out of them.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
30K-40K seems like lots of life for a factory set of tires, but it has been a long time since I purchased a new car. My last new car they lasted closer to 15K but that was over 20 years ago so maybe stock rubber is intended to last longer.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

10,000 highway miles so far and plenty of tread left. I wouldcecpect around 30,000+

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also have a non Sas BB and believe the factory tires will 'wear out' before 20K, not because they will but because I want them to. I can't force my cheap self to upgrade now but by 20K I'm sure I can convince myself they are worn out.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get this question a lot as I used to work for Goodyear. My experience is tread life on a set of factory tires is usually about 2/3rds the rated tire life (so if tires are rated for 60K, expect 40K).

People ask me why this is and there are a copule of factors.

1) Car manufacturers have the tightest standards out there in terms of tire balance. To achieve balance, tire manufacturers trim rubber from the heavy spot to shift the center of mass on the tire. Talking only a small amount, but that is sacrificing tread life.

2) The bigger role has to do with the break in period of the vehicle. Cars come out of the factory with everything tightened down, as you the drive the suspension element loosen up/break in. Think of the equivalent of a new house that has a lot of squeaks and groans as the house settles. This accelerates the early wear and tear on the tire, but by the time you go for your first replacements, its a non-issue and you should see longer tire life.
Sponsored