Sponsored

Sasquatch wheels on a non-sas badlands (285/70/17 tires)?

Spar10Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else swap Sasquatch wheels to their non-sas badlands and keep the OEM tires? If so, do you have any straight on pics of the wheel poke? I know the math comes out to about 1”, but having trouble visualizing it.

For context, I just prefer the looks of the Sasquatch wheels over the badlands wheels, yet don’t need 35s, don’t really want the wider fender flares, and didn’t order Sasquatch from the factory because the standard badlands is way more capable than I’ll ever actually need. Only concern is about having too much poke and throwing rocks/scratching up my door panels.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Spar10Bronco

Spar10Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncomike11

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Super helpful - thanks for sharing! I just picked up my Sasquatch wheels today and having them installed tomorrow. Hopefully they’ll look to my liking and more importantly hopefully no issues with throwing rocks and getting scratches and chips. 😬
Best of luck, let us know how this goes! I have a very similar question with the 285/70/17 tires. I'm under the impression the tires/wheels can be installed without any lift/level/crashbar removal. But glad there's others in the same boat!

Bubbbba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is sas wheels with 285 70 R17 tires
Ford Bronco Sasquatch wheels on a non-sas badlands (285/70/17 tires)? IMG_0320

Sponsored

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are some before and after with standard and SAS flares on a BL. They are the 315/70r17’s though. The SAS flares cover better for less fling up onto the doors. If running the factory KO2s that wont be a big if deal as the rock slinging goodyears.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch wheels on a non-sas badlands (285/70/17 tires)? IMG_3010

Ford Bronco Sasquatch wheels on a non-sas badlands (285/70/17 tires)? IMG_3007

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius, 1973 F100, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are some before and after with standard and SAS flares on a BL. They are the 315/70r17’s though. The SAS flares cover better for less fling up onto the doors. If running the factory KO2s that wont be a big if deal as the rock slinging goodyears.

Think I'm following, but is this a non Sasquatch badlands with Sasquatch wheels and tires? If so, did you have to do anything to make them fit? Find myself needing to buy tires, and want to go with 315/70/17 if I don't have to do any suspension mods right away.

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think I'm following, but is this a non Sasquatch badlands with Sasquatch wheels and tires? If so, did you have to do anything to make them fit? Find myself needing to buy tires, and want to go with 315/70/17 if I don't have to do any suspension mods right away.
My Bronco is a non SAS. I added a set of take offs and flares. I did not change any suspension components, I did remove the front and rear crash bars to get enough clearance when articulating. The only changes I made where the wheel diameter for the speedo. This can be done with forscan or with the FPP Tuner.

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is a non SAS. I added a set of take offs and flares. I did not change any suspension components, I did remove the front and rear crash bars to get enough clearance when articulating. The only changes I made where the wheel diameter for the speedo. This can be done with forscan or with the FPP Tuner.
Exactly what I needed to know. Now to decide if I buy takeoffs or pull the trigger on new tires for my existing wheels. Thanks!

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what I needed to know. Now to decide if I buy takeoffs or pull the trigger on new tires for my existing wheels. Thanks!
When I say take offs it also was the sas wheels. I believe they are close in offsets and such. Sas probably a little more negative. I believe with standard wheels they get really close to upper control arm with the tire bulge. Might want to research that. Have fun with your Bronco

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A 1" spacer will get you to Sas offset.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch wheels on a non-sas badlands (285/70/17 tires)? 20240510_182051 40

OP
OP
Spar10Bronco

Spar10Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled the trigger on the Sasquatch wheels and mounted them to my stock badlands tires (285/70/17 KO2s). I’ll get some photos posted as soon as I can take some decent ones that are straight on, but the photos above from @Bubbbba and from @Rumbloki look to match my setup. Only frustrating thing is the tire shop stripped two bolts from the beauty rings and put a big gouge in another one of the beauty rings. Thankfully they’re making it right and in the process of ordering replacement bolts and supposedly getting a new beauty ring (though these don’t seem to be sold separately by ford or anyone else for that matter).

Bubbbba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stole that photo from @AJ124 in a similar thread back in 2022. Did same to my truck though no down line shot

IMG_0409.jpeg

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sasquatch wheels on a non-sas badlands (285/70/17 tires)? IMG_4500
Sasquatch wheels and tires, on a non sasquatched badlands. Will need to remove front and rear crash bars to be able to turn any sharper than this. Happy with the way it sits, but I'm going for a drive this morning to see how it rides. I suspect I'll do a little perch collar lift for a little more clearance, but it barely gets in the garage as it is. Will need a smaller tent if I decide to do the lift.

Adjusting the third brake light was super simple. Pull out 4 bolts, pull the light up, and put 2 bolts back in. It's more wobbly than I'd like, but it's fine. If it bothers me, I'll find a way to make it more secure later.
Sponsored