Sponsored

Sasquatch - Will you upgrade the brakes?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
some info ...

Alcon has a BBK for the F150 Raptor. You can run it on the GEN1 and GEN2 trucks BUT it will not work on the GEN3 even though nothing changed in the GEN3 except for 1 item. The GEN3 Raptor is now electric assisted and NOT vacuum assist. Alcon is now working on a GEN3 application.

So to answer your question, I think AP will design their kit to work with electric assist and this kit will not work on the 2.3 because the 2.3 is still using vacuum boost.

BUT we will see soon what AP puts out. BTW .. better save your pennies as an AP kit will be easily 5k+ just for the fronts.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little surprised by so many acting like better brakes means you are wanting to drive a race car. If you can cut down braking distance by a few feet it could be the difference between totaling your Bronco or not in an emergency situation. You could have some idiot pull out in front of you when you're going the posted speed limit and need to shed speed quickly.

I do agree that the brakes are underpowered. I don't currently have plans to do anything about it, but I wish they had more stopping power.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A little surprised by so many acting like better brakes means you are wanting to drive a race car. If you can cut down braking distance by a few feet it could be the difference between totaling your Bronco or not in an emergency situation. You could have some idiot pull out in front of you when you're going the posted speed limit and need to shed speed quickly.

I do agree that the brakes are underpowered. I don't currently have plans to do anything about it, but I wish they had more stopping power.
I always say "Going fast is optional, stopping is mandatory."

Yes, AP BBK are expensive. They're typically a compete system with the calipers and rotors. I don't know if they'll make just a replacement rotor for the Bronco as they do for the sports car crew.
Once my brakes heat up, they're fantastic. Not to mention pad changes take all of 5 minutes. It actually takes me longer to take off the wheels and reinstall the wheels than it takes to replace the pads. I did this often when I tracked my street car.

No, the Bronco is not a sports car, nor do I drive it as such. I have an actual sports car for that LOL!
I prefer the best braking I can get. To Hot cheetos point, several feet shorter can make a difference. There are morons all over the place just trying to hit you.

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I changed over the powerstop brakes (drilled/slotted rotors/ceramic pads) on my 06 f150 lariat 4x4 and wow what a difference!!!! Still on the truck with no more than 1/2 wear..... So when my wife's Taurus needed front brakes, of course powerstop same as truck. When the Bronco needs brakes, it will get the same package......

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Follow up: breaks are now fine. I think it was a combination of getting used to the vehicle and not putting enough miles on it. But after 2 weeks and at 380miles, I feel fine with these breaks.
Sponsored