First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buying bits and pieces of a Sasquatch or lifting a Bronco, does not make it a Sasquatch.

Y’all need to either stop being cheap or stop calling it a Sasquatch, because it’s not a Sasquatch.
Yea for me it was about wanted a manual trans and this BD was sitting at my local dealer so I snatched it up. I def would have paid the extra dough for squatch if manual was an option and I didn’t have to wait 2 years.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buying bits and pieces of a Sasquatch or lifting a Bronco, does not make it a Sasquatch.

Y’all need to either stop being cheap or stop calling it a Sasquatch, because it’s not a Sasquatch.
I'm thinking you may not have a license yet with this type of comment. What difference does it make to you what someone else calls it? Can't you just be happy for someone who made a cool modification?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the gearing difference between a 4.46 and 4.70 is negligible. also the idea that the 33s on a BD are too small for normal off road travelling is also false. if you would like the take offs for the sake of having them, go for it. but unless you are a serious rock or sand person, your stock BD wheels and tires will never let you down. what are you running now? and how many times have you gotten stuck and were in fear of starvation?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yea for me it was about wanted a manual trans and this BD was sitting at my local dealer so I snatched it up. I def would have paid the extra dough for squatch if manual was an option and I didn’t have to wait 2 years.

Yet to be determined is how well the M190 front axle holds up to bigger tires compared to the M210. We only get the M210 with BL or SAS. But, if daily driving a good looking Bronco and exploring on dirt roads is all we'll do with it, then it likely doesn't really matter.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably a dumb question, but how is 0 offset different than what the Broncos come with standard? I'm a wheel and tire dummy, so I never understand this.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

🙈

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Do it. They are putting the 7 speed with Squatch next year so there is not concern with larger tires and the transmission. If you are only looking for extra clearance and a better stance on the road, it sounds like a good plan. Your differential gearing will still be set up for smaller tires so your acceleration and mileage will take a hit.
We don't know if Ford is changing the gearing for the man-squatch do we?

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yet to be determined is how well the M190 front axle holds up to bigger tires compared to the M210. We only get the M210 with BL or SAS. But, if daily driving a good looking Bronco and exploring on dirt roads is all we'll do with it, then it likely doesn't really matter.
This was my first thought. I've spent a lot of time and money beefing up axles in my days. Seen a lot of folks slap on big tires and break weak axles.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This was my first thought. I've spent a lot of time and money beefing up axles in my days. Seen a lot of folks slap on big tires and break weak axles.
Dana30/Dana35. 😁

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is probably a dumb question, but how is 0 offset different than what the Broncos come with standard? I'm a wheel and tire dummy, so I never understand this.
Non squatch factory wheels are an offset of +55 I believe. And squatch offset is +30 offset from factory.

So in the example above an offset of 0 will stick out more past the fender. Then moving to a negative offset you’re looking at considerable wheel poke past flare. Especially with a non squatch fender.

There was a build done recently with a -12 offset and squatch flares. The owner said it was 1-1.5” poke. But unclear if that was sidewall or to tread shoulder blocks.

Our plan on a non squatch OBX is to certainly go between +30 and 0. Still trying to pin down set and stance.
Sponsored