First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes C350 coupe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 door and I also like the "clean" look, and I could see that rock chips were going to be a problem. I got Amp steps and I PPF wrapped my full doors, rockers and a good way up the fenders. 10,000 Miles later, not a single rock chip. fyi.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Upgrade to some nitto ridge grappler tires...no issues with rocks..great in south florida for our rain too

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I added the OEM rock rails (from Ford accessories) to my Base SAS Bronco, and it has helped the situation with rocks. I too do not like the look of running boards. I drove through rocky areas and I heard rocks hitting metal, and I presume it is the rock rails since I don't have any dings yet.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
...... maybe out the back but that isnt my problem.
I never drive behind a Jeep or Bronco, or at least triple my following distance. Learned the hard way.

Someone here named the black diamond tires General Rock Grabbers, which I thought was funny until I got a set.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a white 2 door SAS as well! Seems like you and I are keeping the OJ legacy giong 😉

IMG_3203.jpeg
LOL! I would have got gray or blue but got white for the intense Fl sun. Dark colors here make a vehicle so hot in the sun- even in the winter. The Bronco stays relatively cool despite the dark top. The insulation helps a lot. I have 3 vehicles and they are all white, LOL.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

LOL! I would have got gray or blue but got white for the intense Fl sun. Dark colors here make a vehicle so hot in the sun- even in the winter. The Bronco stays relatively cool despite the dark top. The insulation helps a lot. I have 3 vehicles and they are all white, LOL.
I was between cactus gray and white but I feel like every other Bronco I see is either Area 51 or Cactus Gray (Not hating on either color) so I ended up going with white. The weather here in TX is no joke too so I'm glad I went with white

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

• Haha
Reactions: Dom

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our church added a stone parking lot last year for overflow/volunteers and I picked up TONS of the pebble sized stones with the SAS Goodyear MT's. I live in the city and usually do not get over 45 mph to clear them...which isnt a bad thing for folks on my 6...but my road noise would get crappy...and I would have to pick them out.

That was the straw for me...went to BFG KO2's. Still pick up stones from the lot but I dare say 90% LESS.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The SAS tires are not mud terrains, they are all terrains. And they are by far the worst ATs ever for throwing rocks. Changing them out for any other AT will greatly reduce the chips. Or get some ugly mud flaps 🤮

Sponsored

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received ours in August 26th we live in Florida and went with white. We have a white Jeep also. We did order the rock rails when we put in the order, though we haven't had a chance to go out on the trails yet. My husband didn't want the steps, of course he is 6 ft. and I am 5 ft. So I figure I can get in the driver's side easier so I guess that means I drive:cool:

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 4-door WildTrak and had the same concerns. One of the first thing I did was install Rough Country Rock Sliders and WeatherTech Mud Flaps. It greatly reduced the chipping on the sides.
Ford Bronco SAS's First Trip Awesome to Sasquatch Museum... But Rock Chips Galore 20230802_063104 (2)
Ford Bronco SAS's First Trip Awesome to Sasquatch Museum... But Rock Chips Galore 20230820_133923

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, thank you for the suggestion about the Weather Tech Mud Flaps. I definitely like those Rock Sliders better than the factory ones.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot of people bash the stock tires. Once they have more miles on them they don’t grab as many rocks. I like how quiet the tires are, great traction on granite slabs, shale, sand, and snow. Tires are decent. Will I replace them with a different brand? Yes. But not in a hurry until the tires wear out or I get a side wall puncture.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live on a gravel road. After reading up in here about the rock situation, . Had the dealer install Ford running boards and RekGens I bought when I picked it up. Lots of pings, but no chips. Bonus: dealer used "insult money" to pay for the running boards...
Sponsored