First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The SAS tires are not mud terrains, they are all terrains. And they are by far the worst ATs ever for throwing rocks. Changing them out for any other AT will greatly reduce the chips. Or get some ugly mud flaps 🤮
The Goodyear Territory MT is advertised as a mud terrain. What else could MT stand for?

Ford Bronco SAS's First Trip Awesome to Sasquatch Museum... But Rock Chips Galore 1693587339140
Sponsored

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's the first I've seen of the Ford rocker covers, they look nice. At first glance I thought there was a chrome bead at the top edge, but apparently not.

Instead of the Ford PPF kit, I used some 6" wide 3M ppf from Amazon. Two 10' rolls did the rockers/door bottoms, the sill plates, and a strip across the front edge of the hood.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VWC3BZV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I tried the Mabett type mud flaps but swapped them out for some from Plasticolor. They're longer and have a cleaner look. I used some of the original Mabett brackets.

Rock rails/sliders will give some protection, it depends on how far they stick out. They give parking lot door ding protection too!

I have a long gravel driveway. I stop at the end and pick most of the rocks out before pulling ou onto the road. I'm planning to do a top coat of finer stone, maybe even asphalt millings.
This sounds very good, thanks for sharing. After I touch up the many rock chips and before I go off roading again I will plan to install this kit. A necessity for the Sasquatch models with factory tires I think.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Goodyear Territory MT is advertised as a mud terrain. What else could MT stand for?

Ford Bronco SAS's First Trip Awesome to Sasquatch Museum... But Rock Chips Galore 1693587339140
Multi- Terrain? I always thought it was mud terrain as well.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They are in no way a mud terrain tire. They are all terrains. Goodyear classifies them as all terrains. The MT stands for max traction on this tire. A sneaky bit of deceptive advertising for those who don’t know any better.

Sponsored

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are in no way a mud terrain tire. They are all terrains. Goodyear classifies them as all terrains. The MT stands for max traction on this tire. A sneaky bit of deceptive advertising for those who don’t know any better.
Goodyear makes max traction tires, they are commonly called slicks.

No Goodyear spec calls the Territory MT as "max traction".

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or maybe it stands for Mediocre Tire

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Mabett mud flaps and added the OEM running boards to my badlands Sasquatch. I have had rocks fly out toward th front of the vehicle and hit pavement and bounce up and land on the hood. Fortunately I’ve never had one hit the windshield. But i do have three chips in the windshield from passing vehicles. I have a 1/4 mile gravel drive so I pick rocks at the end of my driveway. I also pick rocks after any public gravel road. I leave a screwdriver under my front seat to pick the rocks.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I took our first long 10 day trip in our 2 door Sasquatch. We drove from South Florida to Blue Ridge, Ga. We put 2000 miles on the Bronco. We have a 2022 2 door Base Sasquatch with 2.7, no modifications. We rented a cabin at a high elevation accessible only by 4 X 4 down dirt and gravel roads. It had awesome mountain views. The last ÂĽ mile was a steep climb. We barely drive our Bronco as I have a long work commute and use a commuter car. So the Bronco sits most of the time and this is the first time we have spent a lot of time in it.

It was an awesome trip. We even went to the Sasquatch museum- see photo!! The Bronco did great- so comfortable even after driving it 10 hours. The front seats are super comfortable. We fit everything in the 2 door with the seats down. A little tight of a fit for everything, including a big cooler, fishing gear, luggage, etc. but everything did fit. On the road the Bronco was effortless to drive. Such nice steering and tracking. We cruised between 65 and 70 MPH on the interstate. In Blue Ridge the roads were very hilly and curvy. The Bronco pulled effortlessly up the hills- between 1500 and 1900 RPM. Amazing torque in the 2.7. And down the hills the Bronco downshifted and used engine braking. Love the 10 speed auto. We used 4 X 4 to get to the cabin and also exploring various places and down forestry roads for hiking and fishing. High and low range worked flawlessly. I got high centered once and could have rocked out of it but simply locked the rear diff and just crawled out. Wow never had locking diiffs and it was wonderful. We had 0 problems- the Bronco was so fun to drive. We even had my son and his wife in the back seats for part of the week and they were super comfy back there. And oh we averaged 22.6 MPG.

The only issue we had were rock chips- and lots of them- in the doors and rocker panels. Even with the Mabbett mud flaps on the front- I installed them before the trip. One rock even flew off the tire up in the air and back down and chipped the windshield. Need a new windshield now. The stock mud terrains are terrible for retaining and flinging rocks. I read about it although did not think it would be that bad. Went to a body shop even to see about what to do. They suggested touch up paint with a brush rather than re-paint the doors. So they are making me a paint mix. Going to take me a couple of hours to do the touch ups. I have owned many 4 X 4’s, been 4 wheeling all of my life, never had such a major problem with rock chips. I assume it’s the tires. What do you all do when you go off road- pick out the rocks after wheeling? Are there better tires out there that will not retain rocks? Such a nice vehicle but why put tires on it that destroy the vehicle?

Rokblokz mud flaps and Dr. Colorchip paint touch-up kit is what you need to look into.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife and I took our first long 10 day trip in our 2 door Sasquatch. We drove from South Florida to Blue Ridge, Ga. We put 2000 miles on the Bronco. We have a 2022 2 door Base Sasquatch with 2.7, no modifications. We rented a cabin at a high elevation accessible only by 4 X 4 down dirt and gravel roads. It had awesome mountain views. The last ÂĽ mile was a steep climb. We barely drive our Bronco as I have a long work commute and use a commuter car. So the Bronco sits most of the time and this is the first time we have spent a lot of time in it.

It was an awesome trip. We even went to the Sasquatch museum- see photo!! The Bronco did great- so comfortable even after driving it 10 hours. The front seats are super comfortable. We fit everything in the 2 door with the seats down. A little tight of a fit for everything, including a big cooler, fishing gear, luggage, etc. but everything did fit. On the road the Bronco was effortless to drive. Such nice steering and tracking. We cruised between 65 and 70 MPH on the interstate. In Blue Ridge the roads were very hilly and curvy. The Bronco pulled effortlessly up the hills- between 1500 and 1900 RPM. Amazing torque in the 2.7. And down the hills the Bronco downshifted and used engine braking. Love the 10 speed auto. We used 4 X 4 to get to the cabin and also exploring various places and down forestry roads for hiking and fishing. High and low range worked flawlessly. I got high centered once and could have rocked out of it but simply locked the rear diff and just crawled out. Wow never had locking diiffs and it was wonderful. We had 0 problems- the Bronco was so fun to drive. We even had my son and his wife in the back seats for part of the week and they were super comfy back there. And oh we averaged 22.6 MPG.

The only issue we had were rock chips- and lots of them- in the doors and rocker panels. Even with the Mabbett mud flaps on the front- I installed them before the trip. One rock even flew off the tire up in the air and back down and chipped the windshield. Need a new windshield now. The stock mud terrains are terrible for retaining and flinging rocks. I read about it although did not think it would be that bad. Went to a body shop even to see about what to do. They suggested touch up paint with a brush rather than re-paint the doors. So they are making me a paint mix. Going to take me a couple of hours to do the touch ups. I have owned many 4 X 4’s, been 4 wheeling all of my life, never had such a major problem with rock chips. I assume it’s the tires. What do you all do when you go off road- pick out the rocks after wheeling? Are there better tires out there that will not retain rocks? Such a nice vehicle but why put tires on it that destroy the vehicle?

Sas 1.jpg

Sas 2.jpg
I have the same Bronco(if that's 2.7). 18,000 miles since 12/08/2022. The constant rock throwing never gets less bothersome. I wish I would've put ko2s on it when it was new... I went up and down Steens Mountain(50 mile long fault-block) in SE Oregon last Monday
Ford Bronco SAS's First Trip Awesome to Sasquatch Museum... But Rock Chips Galore IMG_3056
. Same Mabetts in front. The pop pop pop was constant and must've been in the thousands! Ugh! There was even some hitting the driver's window.

IMG_3073.jpeg
Sponsored