Sponsored

Scratchy fluttering sound when accelerating. Please help!

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any updates on this at all? Ie. Diagnosed at the dealer. Mine makes this exact same noise upon revving. Especially noticeable in 3rd gear I find. My bronco is a manual and I also have the transmission scraping/grinding noise.
Sponsored

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any updates on this at all? Ie. Diagnosed at the dealer. Mine makes this exact same noise upon revving. Especially noticeable in 3rd gear I find. My bronco is a manual and I also have the transmission scraping/grinding noise.
god I can’t wait for ford to man up and fix all the vibrations and flutters folks are having

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
god I can’t wait for ford to man up and fix all the vibrations and flutters folks are having

Hey folks,

Another thread on this popped up and it appears that one dealer determined it to be related to the shifter cable. Supposedly replaced or repositioned the cable and the issue is gone.

Warming up would explain this; shifter cable is sheethed in plastic which would be more brittle and less plyable when cold. Causing torque from the transmission to vibrate it against metal surfaces.

Once warm the condition is lessened.

Not normal, has nothing to do with ecoboost and should not be tolerated IMO

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey folks,

Another thread on this popped up and it appears that one dealer determined it to be related to the shifter cable. Supposedly replaced or repositioned the cable and the issue is gone.

Warming up would explain this; shifter cable is sheethed in plastic which would be more brittle and less plyable when cold. Causing torque from the transmission to vibrate it against metal surfaces.

Once warm the condition is lessened.

Not normal, has nothing to do with ecoboost and should not be tolerated IMO

Did your dealer confirm this yet John?

Sponsored

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealer is keeping my bronco over the weekend and supposedly putting in a new starter. This is likely for my mother issue of the bronco randomly not starting.

I showed the advisor the video proof of the rattle. Also advised him if Highway vibration.

Tech drove it for 7 miles and claimed he heard nor felt anything. Nice

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did your dealer confirm this yet John?
Another update.

Dealership replaced my starter with zero issue, even though they couldn't replicate my fail-to-start issues.

But man they must think I am lying about this scratchy sound.. even though I have this video. They claim they can't get it to make the noise.

A large part of the problem is these dudes are all old and think all new turbo engines sound like shit so its somehow impossible for their brain to isolate this sound

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not looking forward to getting them to hear it. That's why I was hoping to isolate the issue to point them in the right direction.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not looking forward to getting them to hear it. That's why I was hoping to isolate the issue to point them in the right direction.
They likely won’t hear it. Between this and everything else I’ve had, I think I’m tapping out

joeyha

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They likely won’t hear it. Between this and everything else I’ve had, I think I’m tapping out

right there with ya. 2024 Tacoma sounds enticing.
Sponsored