65 Cobra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Corvette, 22 4Runner TRD, 22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed mine stopped working on 5/13/23. I update the app today and no longer see SecuriAlerts feature.

I found this online...

The FordPass SecuriAlert preview feature allowed you to get a notification on the FordPass App whenever one or more of your vehicle's door status changed to open and or when the trunk/hood was opened.

As of May 8, 2023, this feature is no longer in FordPass. We greatly appreciate the use during the preview period. The feedback and learning from this trial will be applied when bringing you new features in the future.
Sponsored

kidkennel

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They must have gotten tired of people showing them the multiple “hood open” alerts. Easier to say “unable to reproduce” now.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed mine stopped working on 5/13/23. I update the app today and no longer see SecuriAlerts feature.

I found this online...

The FordPass SecuriAlert preview feature allowed you to get a notification on the FordPass App whenever one or more of your vehicle's door status changed to open and or when the trunk/hood was opened.

As of May 8, 2023, this feature is no longer in FordPass. We greatly appreciate the use during the preview period. The feedback and learning from this trial will be applied when bringing you new features in the future.
Confirmed. :cautious:

Ford Bronco SecuriAlert feature in FordPass gone IMG_8194

Reactions: Cat

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wtf Ford

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They must have gotten tired of people showing them the multiple “hood open” alerts. Easier to say “unable to reproduce” now.
This gets my vote but also Ford may just be cutting costs if they had all this running on a cloud service like AWS or something.

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called out my dealer with the app. Truck sat there for a full day and a half before they even opened the hood all the while they were saying they were already working on it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys wanted the Ford Bronco Trail App, right?! Well that just came out... And now Ford's SecuriAlert is gone - Clearly they ran out of memory on their computer and could only have one.

@Ford Motor Company - Update your computer please so we can have both. Thank you.

Reactions: Cat

bstottlemyer85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - NonSas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called out my dealer with the app. Truck sat there for a full day and a half before they even opened the hood all the while they were saying they were already working on it.
I did the same, I took a day early so they could park in garage overnight for windshield replacement. Service Dept closed at 5:00 I called the Sales Team, and asked if the Bronco was still outside, because no doors had been open. Then shortly after I got an alert the doors was open. This will be a missed feature.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We were the test, the beta program and now it'll be re-released as a subscription sometime down the line. Many manufacturers are adding subscriptions to unlock features that would have been part of a trim. Mercedes is doing a subscription to unlock power.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/23...ubscription-faster-acceleration-feature-price.

And many other manufactures are doing subscriptions too. If I buy a car, I buy a car, and I shouldn't have to pay monthly for something! Include it in a trim or as an option, but monthly payments, no way. That car and possibly that manufacture (if too common in their business model) will lose my money.

Hopefully my Bronco is in my stable for many many years.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were the test, the beta program and now it'll be re-released as a subscription sometime down the line. Many manufacturers are adding subscriptions to unlock features that would have been part of a trim. Mercedes is doing a subscription to unlock power.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/23...ubscription-faster-acceleration-feature-price.

And many other manufactures are doing subscriptions too. If I buy a car, I buy a car, and I shouldn't have to pay monthly for something! Include it in a trim or as an option, but monthly payments, no way. That car and possibly that manufacture (if too common in their business model) will lose my money.

Hopefully my Bronco is in my stable for many many years.
Every company is trying to get residual income like this and bleed you dry. Subscription services for streaming, cell services, convenience features on vehicles all following the insurance model of consistent income streams. Right to repair legislation for vehicles and equipment should address this IMO.

Last edited:

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

definitely seems likely to be a subscription service. Maybe something to do with the ADT/Ford joint venture announced last year (LINK).
Sponsored