DndRough

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 SCrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why go high tech? Just treat it like a bicycle and remove the front wheel(s).
Convertibles get cut which would affect the sun slider. Full soft tops are safe because of the easy toolless operation. Sooo...door locks are optional and they can be easily defeated anyway.
If remote start is an issue, I grew up where fancy remotes weren't very common and connected to the TV VIA wire. So there was a boom, baby boom, of people having children so they had someone to adjust the antenna and change the channel. I see no reason the same solution can't be used to remote start your Bronco.
I see a real solution. Keep your fobs in an old metal ronco safe on your nightstand, don't worry, they will be there if you need them and push for a fordpass upgrade to brick the vehicle on demand. PKI for both phone and vehicle maintained by Ford. Wireless cellular signals are encrypted, PKI will give another level of encryption.
Bricking is something that can happen to electronics that make them as useless as a brick and need to be replaced. The correct encryption key delivered over an encrypted cellular network can make the brick more like a pillow and restore functionality.
Then we can get into cellular device security, patches, trusted applications, multi form authentication, etc.
I can just see auto thieves carrying around all the components and tools necessary to get a modern car to start once it has been bricked.

Tech has been going to cell phones being the only devices needed and the one device you are sure to have on you unless water is involved. You can even wave your phone over a credit card reader to pay many places...no more wallet and credit cards.
Sponsored