First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe they were able to program a blank fob by getting access to the OBD port.
See my explanation post….. how did they get into it to get to the port?
Sponsored

Chris_Derksen

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See my explanation post….. how did they get into it to get to the port?
I just asked him, he believes it may have been the relay type of theft where they relay the signal from the fob in the house if it's near the front door. So I could have been wrong about the programming approach.

OP
OP
Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just asked him, he believes it may have been the relay type of theft where they relay the signal from the fob in the house if it's near the front door. So I could have been wrong about the programming approach.
Youare probaby not. They use the signal from the key in the house to open it and start, they the port to make keeys down the street. If you stop it with out the key fob it will not restart.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll be from Compustar. I'll just find a local dealer (there are 5 that I saw) that I'm happy with once I get my vehicle.
I reached out to Compustar back in November and they stated they have no plans to support the 2021/2022 Bronco, but to check back in six months. They still do not have a Bronco application listed on their website, but I'll try reaching out to them again.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every vehicle can be broken into, the trick is to make sure it's still there when you get back to it. This device will insure that....NO BS.

Ravelco Anti Theft Device
There is always someone who brings this up. Cutting into the wiring harness in multiple places is sure to make electrical warranty claims challenging.

Sponsored

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Youare probaby not. They use the signal from the key in the house to open it and start, they the port to make keeys down the street. If you stop it with out the key fob it will not restart.
So to stop them from scanning and duplicating your key fob, all you have to do is keep your keys in a Faraday box. I keep mine in a box like this one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FX6Q4H3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can still remote start my Bronco with my phone and then grab my key fob on the way out the door. I keep my Bronco in my garage as an added measure, but I realize not everyone has a garage to keep their vehicle in. But, if you can have your key fob protected, that's a really good first step.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is always someone who brings this up. Cutting into the wiring harness in multiple places is sure to make electrical warranty claims challenging.
I have had this system installed on three of my vehicles, and as of today, I have never had an issue with the quality of the installation or any dealership questioning the Revelco system as they know this product and actually advertise it in many dealerships.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll be from Compustar. I'll just find a local dealer (there are 5 that I saw) that I'm happy with once I get my vehicle.
I reached out to Compustar back in November and they stated they have no plans to support the 2021/2022 Bronco, but to check back in six months. They still do not have a Bronco application listed on their website, but I'll try reaching out to them again.
Here is the reply I received yesterday from Compustar. Seems as though it is possible with a competent installer, but not guaranteed.

Hello, Aman.

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I've checked our records and still do not see any verified remote start solutions for your 2021 or 2022 Ford Bronco. What this means is that while there might be remote start solutions available, we've not verified them with our team of installers for accuracy and installation; due to this, we caution installation of a Compustar system for this particular vehicle make, year and model at this time.

We're always adding new solutions for all makes and models so I recommend you check back in after some time to see if we have any updates for your vehicle (no current ETA known). We apologize for this inconvenience and can answer any additional questions as needed.

Best,

Evan O.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the one I was looking at. Did you get it installed? If so thoughts?
I've installed this product on my last there vehicles and I'll do it on the Bronco..... Upon arrival.

srafferty25

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every vehicle can be broken into, the trick is to make sure it's still there when you get back to it. This device will insure that....NO BS.

Ravelco Anti Theft Device

I've got this installed on mine as well. The installer did a nice clean install under the steering wheel area and you can't even see it.

As said, the only down side is the somewhat bulky "fob" and no remote start.

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can already locate your vehicle through the FordPass app
Until they go right into the General settings on the touchscreen and perform a Master Reset and clear out the FordPass data. Haven’t checked, but that might deactivate the ability to track its location on the app itself. 🤷‍♂️

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering going old school and adding a solenoid valve into the fuel line and either using an accessories switch, or installing a hidden switch in the cab somewhere. Wire it with discrete black wire to avoid a casual detection.

A thief could get the Bronco going but won’t get far until the fuel runs out and it stalls. They won’t know why and (hopefully) cut and run.

If I go this route I’d then decide whether to install the valve underneath by the tank, or under the hood.

Any thoughts from the smart people whether this is effective on new vehicles?

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting
I live in Ontario as well and have the same concerns. It's getting ridiculous how many vehicles are being stolen. I considered this product...and they even have pictures of a 2.7 Badlands install.

Only drawbacks I see are it's kind of a bulky item to carry on your keychain or with your fob, and while installed remote start won't work (obviously).

https://www.ravelco.com/

2022broncolarge.jpg
thanks for posting this. I have a 2.7 Badlands and I’m pretty sure I’m going to do this. Not for day-to-day use, because it sleeps in a garage when at home. But it would be nice for peace-of-mind while traveling.
Sponsored