First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My bronco does not find the key half the time I’m sitting in it. Has to be in my right hand pocket. I find it hard to believe the signal goes too far unless a button is pressed. Not impossible I use the ford pass app to remote start not sure if that’s a capture able signal or not. But I also have a soft top if someone wants it it’s gone.
I think this might be the Bronco and not the key fob's fault.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be adding a security system plus remote start (manual trans) once I get it. I'll get an insurance discount and I'll make sure the system dealer does a good job.

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in the late 80's I lived in inner city Baltimore - having already had one cheap car stolen, I used to have a locking bar that secured the steering wheel to the brake pedal - cheap, easily removed by a determined thief (with the right tools) but, it was highly visible and would add time to the theft - something that a thief doesn't want to hassle with... Just a thought, and would not affect the functioning of the remote start.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be adding a security system plus remote start (manual trans) once I get it. I'll get an insurance discount and I'll make sure the system dealer does a good job.
Mike, what remote start system are you using for the 7MT? I haven't had any luck finding one.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your best bet is very good insurance. If they want it bad enough they will get it. If the want in it the Bronco is far from secure. If any of my vehicles were ever stolen I would not want them back.
I can assure you having a vehicle stolen is a disgusting feeling. I had a 98 Durango that got stolen in 01. They took it for a joy ride and wrecked it. Thousands in damages. I fought with insurance and the repair shop to get things fixed and in the end it was never the same. I had tons of issues and always felt violated. Happened within the first 6 months I moved to Houston too. I also had a Charger that was broken into multiple times and almost stolen. (First attempt was less than 2 weeks of ownership, still had paper tags and wasn’t even in HPD’s system yet). I ended up hating that car beyond anything I can describe. I wanted the hard top on my Bronco as a level of security, but at the end of the day a thief is gonna get in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which security system?

OP
OP
Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Back in the late 80's I lived in inner city Baltimore - having already had one cheap car stolen, I used to have a locking bar that secured the steering wheel to the brake pedal - cheap, easily removed by a determined thief (with the right tools) but, it was highly visible and would add time to the theft - something that a thief doesn't want to hassle with... Just a thought, and would not affect the functioning of the remote start.
A lot of fuss when I need to rush to a school…. Alonso see white frozen north.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Smart kill switch? Hmmm... I had a thought for unused overhead accessory switches. Arrange them in the correct order, else the power to fuel pump dies exactly 180 seconds after engine start. That would give me enough time to escape from a carjacking... Am I the only person who is concerned about a highly desired vehicle with doors off easy access getting targeted for a carjacking ?
Not something I worry about.

By the way, Having the doors off doesn't make a difference , if they want you car they're going to try and take it.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to experiment with AirTags. Good concept, but not sure how it will work in the real world.
I have AirTags in three of my vehicles. They work very well, but do warn someone that they are in the vehicle. Your truck also has tracking with the FordPass app, so maybe the airtag is overkill.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Chris_Derksen

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have AirTags in three of my vehicles. They work very well, but do warn someone that they are in the vehicle. Your truck also has tracking with the FordPass app, so maybe the airtag is overkill.
I wouldn't say they are overkill. Thieves can disable the GPS...a buddy of mine had his F150 stolen and they disabled it just down the street from his house where they stole it.

I might just order some as well.

OP
OP
Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't say they are overkill. Thieves can disable the GPS...a buddy of mine had his F150 stolen and they disabled it just down the street from his house where they stole it.

I might just order some as well.
How dis the thieves get in in the first place.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Smart kill switch? Hmmm... I had a thought for unused overhead accessory switches. Arrange them in the correct order, else the power to fuel pump dies exactly 180 seconds after engine start. That would give me enough time to escape from a carjacking... Am I the only person who is concerned about a highly desired vehicle with doors off easy access getting targeted for a carjacking ?
Every vehicle can be broken into, the trick is to make sure it's still there when you get back to it. This device will insure that....NO BS.

Ravelco Anti Theft Device