Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer,Bronco, Bmw R1200Rs,Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went thru a quick test with the top fully down and the doors locked by the Fob and while there is no motion sensor to activate your alarm when you reach into the vehicle, it will not let you unlock the doors with the buttons on the doors. Triggers a chime and a message on the inst. panel that security mode is armed, even with the Fob on me. Anybody have more info on any other aspect of the factory security system with the top down/off? My 2010 Mini ragtop actually had sensors that triggered the alarm if you reached into it, from the factory, so wondering if I would have to go aftermarket or Ford may have something in the higher packages or the future. BTW, mine is a BD, 4dr and no package upgrade.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not trying to be smart. How about applying common sense and not leaving anything in it out in the open. Typically crimes like this are crimes of opportunity. I leave the top down in my corvettes all the time in public and nothing has ever been stolen. I lock the glove box and the center storage area. I’ve never come back and found it rooted through. Twenty pulse years ago with radios being easy to remove and resale I would have been worried but today everything is SN and there isn’t much point. Just my two cents.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to be smart. How about applying common sense and not leaving anything in it out in the open. Typically crimes like this are crimes of opportunity. I leave the top down in my corvettes all the time in public and nothing has ever been stolen. I lock the glove box and the center storage area. I’ve never come back and found it rooted through. Twenty pulse years ago with radios being easy to remove and resale I would have been worried but today everything is SN and there isn’t much point. Just my two cents.
I understand the OP’s concerns. I have similar ones, but I’ve never owned a soft top vehicle before.

I never leave valuables in my vehicle, but I will still lock everything up like you mentioned - I even have the locking security drawer for more secured storage. I’m more concerned on fanboys thinking it’s ok to get in and see this new vehicle. Might seem stupid, but we’ve seen people getting too personal with these vehicles already.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also have a care for mischief when the top is down. Don't leave a soda, quart of oil, or anything a person might use to mess up your Bronco. I once had a quart of extra oil in my CJ-5, and some creep poured it down the fuel filler.

OP
OP
fratedog

fratedog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer,Bronco, Bmw R1200Rs,Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The purpose of the motion sensor is not an umbrella of protection for valuables left in the vehicle but a small tool to scare away the curious and brazen bastages when they stick a hand in to check things out.... like your locked compartments. Just wondering if the higher packages had a bit more than my base BD and what aftermarket solutions are people familiar with. I've had ragtops and motorcycles since 1970 and while not a very smart man quickly figured out not to leave stuff in tempting and plain view.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The purpose of the motion sensor is not an umbrella of protection for valuables left in the vehicle but a small tool to scare away the curious and brazen bastages when they stick a hand in to check things out.... like your locked compartments. Just wondering if the higher packages had a bit more than my base BD and what aftermarket solutions are people familiar with. I've had ragtops and motorcycles since 1970 and while not a very smart man quickly figured out not to leave stuff in tempting and plain view.
Little Johnny dangerous quote action going on here. I like it.
Sponsored