Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit up Sedona AZ this past weekend for a little get away from the Southern California Rain. Ended up hitting a ton of rain anyway on the highway in AZ and I started getting a little worried. Luckily once into Sedona the weather cleared up. I've been to Sedona plenty of times but my only off-roading experience here was the Pink Jeep Scenic Rim tour, so I was excited to see how the Bronco did on the red dirt.

We set off the next morning to try to do Broken Arrow trail in my more door Big Bend. It does have a few minor modifications, the biggest being SAS takeoff coilovers, as well as the full OEM skids that the Badlands comes with. Tires are the puny stock Duelers it came with. Reading reports online about the Broken Arrow trail were a mixed bag. Some reports left me feeling like I definitely needed 35s to not scrape on everything but I decided to go out there anyway, and I'm glad I did.

Aired down only a little to 28 PSI at the start of the trail. My parents were with me and they were pretty nervous, but after I cleared the first obstacle easily they felt more at ease. The Bronco did awesome, and no clearance issues except when going down Devils staircase, where I think I hit the gas tank skid. Better (and bigger) tires would have helped here I think, as the Duelers slid a little on my way down. I wanted to try to use crawl control but I had an audience of Pink Jeeps, one already at the bottom of the staircase and another behind me. That made me rush down when I should have taken my time a little better.

tempImageILYqlx.jpg

tempImagefv0PsW.jpg

tempImagevJa3SA.jpg

Next to a tough little guy

tempImageKWfzgK.jpg

tempImagei0h1I0.jpg

Going down Devils Staircase

tempImageghyOv4.jpg

tempImageTLfcGm.jpg

Had a ton of fun on the trail and the Bronco did great. I don't think it's a difficult trail at all and didn't use my rear locker but the extra clearance from the SAS coilovers helped a ton. Still, the stock Duelers did great and they've got me thru lots of trails so far without fail. Definitely think any non SAS bronco can do it, but Devils Staircase will require a good spotter/driver unless you don't mind sending it and ending up with a few scrapes. You can always detour the staircase also I think. The little offshoots from the trail are great scenic points but I somehow missed a popular photo spot where you can drive up on the rock for a good photo, I can't think of the name now. Guess I'll have to come back for that one.
Great pics! Interestingly, I just got a job offer there and could be relocating soon.
Sponsored

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome pics! Have been wanting to do this trail. Nice to know it was a piece of cake for the Bronco!

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome pics! Have been wanting to do this trail. Nice to know it was a piece of cake for the Bronco!
There are a few spots to add difficulty if one wishes.

The very top of the staircase demands choosing the correct left line unless you have a lot of wheel travel and clearance. Descending that obstacle is less about crawling down and more about sliding.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not bad trail for some views...but way to busy for me.....but its off my list...
I agree. I live about 15 miles from Sedona and I stay away from it. Way too touristy. I'd rather just hit the forest roads.
Paul in Rimrock

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I live about 15 miles from Sedona and I stay away from it. Way too touristy. I'd rather just hit the forest roads.
Paul in Rimrock
A guy that worked with UniSource in Sedona just moved to Tucson and he said Sedona is always packed, which is good for Tourism I guess. I try to avoid it tho.
Sponsored