Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most of the GOAT modes are based around the ABS system. You were likely smelling the rear brakes. The rough ride may have been coming from the ABS.
Aaaahhhh that makes sense!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Followup question - I have the regular Black Diamond, not the advanced so I don't have the 4A button. But I have all of the GOAT modes except Baja (Black Diamond is a NICE trim). My question is this: If I don't have a 4A button BUT I do have Slippery mode and Sport, do I actually in turn have 4A?
4A isn't a "mode" as much as it's an entirely different transfer case...so no (as you discovered) you don't have it.

Those with the 4A transfer case has clutches that allow the t-case to slip in order to release binding. Ironically jeep has that option but seems like nobody is wants it.

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let me say one thing regarding sand mode. BB with 4.27 locking non sas. Compared to other 4x4's i have owned on the beach there is no comparison. Air down to 18 psi and the Bronco basically drives itself. This is deep sand Cape Henlopen, DE and south. I didn't realize how hard my past 07 grand Cherokee and my 90 Chevy Silverado. All 18 psi. Still a little confused on Slippery mode being I don't have 4A.
Sponsored