jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone else notice this? When sitting in the vehicle in park with the engine on, every 3 seconds there is a light vibration for a couple seconds that comes through the seats. I thought I was imagining this but turned off the heat and the stereo and still felt it. It was an off and on rhythm that flowed through the seat. Like you count 1-2-3 and then felt what seemed like a phone stuck in between the seats vibrating.

from the engine I presume. And probably not an issue but figured I’d ask if others noticed too. I first started taking notice when my phone was on the dash and I started reaching into my pockets totally confused like someone was calling. Very perplexing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else notice this? When sitting in the vehicle in park with the engine on, every 3 seconds there is a light vibration for a couple seconds that comes through the seats. I thought I was imagining this but turned off the heat and the stereo and still felt it. It was an off and on rhythm that flowed through the seat. Like you count 1-2-3 and then felt what seemed like a phone stuck in between the seats vibrating.

from the engine I presume. And probably not an issue but figured I’d ask if others noticed too. I first started taking notice when my phone was on the dash and I started reaching into my pockets totally confused like someone was calling me, or there was a beeper from the 90s wedged in the seat gap. Very perplexing.
This may be out of left field, but my 2020 Ranger felt like that when I first purchased it...it was because of the Start/Stop function when the truck was stopped. Since the idle is so quiet and the traffic making noise, I couldn't hear the engine shut off or restart.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This may be out of left field, but my 2020 Ranger felt like that when I first purchased it...it was because of the Start/Stop function when the truck was stopped. Since the idle is so quiet and the traffic making noise, I couldn't hear the engine shut off or restart.
2.7. Did you have it fixed or was a normal and just a “thing”

See if it happens when you have auto start/stop off
My wife's suv does the same thing. It does a little wet-dog-fur-shake to wake itself up

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A/C Clutch engaging, possibly.

In older engines without the CEL, knock and position sensors to tell you things were wonky, it was a sign of a misfire.
With today's engines if you had a misfire bad enough to feel it in a rhythmic fashion from the seat, your dash should be lit up like a Christmas tree.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have defroster on it could be the compressor cycling off and on,or the farbulator solenoid for the dylithum crystal venturi.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had this in several vehicles - a Tahoe and an Armada. When idling, then engine just seems to rev on its own for a second or two. Pull up the RPM gauge on the screen and watch it when you feel the vibration. I never did figure out what caused it because it never became a big enough problem for me to bring it to the shop, but I agree with the comment above that if there was an issue like timing or something, your dash would be letting you know.

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My mustang does this, the engine is adjusting the air/fuel mix. I am not sure if the bronco has an air/fuel ratio gauge. Open this up and see if it is changing when you feel the vibrations.
Sponsored