Sponsored

Sequential mode for automatic transmission?

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know if the automatic transmission will have a sequential mode allowing to upshift or downshift?
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes and the ability to lock out gears.

Jotica

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100% speculation, i would imagine there will be that option in the auto transmission (is something very relevant these days on other vehicles).

I saw a plus and minus buttons on the shift lever, I wonder if perhaps that could be it.

See picture here: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/2021-ford-bronco-four-door/5/

PS: i will miss the paddle shifting i currently have on my vehicle, i don't used them that much but when i need shifting on the fly, they are very very handy!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 10-speed in the Raptor does. Manual mode completely sucks. The time delay for shifts is ridiculously long. You have to plan your upshifts well in advance or you will hit the rev limiter. The first three gears are very low and close together. Even just normal driving pulling away from a stop you will hit the rev limiter before you can shift.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have max tow on my F150 so that will do engine braking without putting it in manual mode. I do use manual mode on steep declines so not to use the brakes outside towing. I think it will be utilized a bunch off roading IMO. The A10 trans is plan bad ass and its going to have some other modes for off road on the Bronco.