21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base man squatch
17.9 avg
4k miles

mpg went down, when i replace the front bumper
What bumper? The mod bumper (and a lot of other offroad bumpers) has some aerodynamic issues.
Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4500 miles on my 2.3 big bend manual transmission. usually around 18-19MPG city, 24-27 highway. 22 combined.

current lifetime MPG is 22.5

OP
OP
JNY

JNY

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch 2.7, automatic, soft top, 4 door with a 1" level. I average 17 miles per gallon and run 92 octane.
I am going to try Premium Fuel for a tank full to see if mileage changes. I had gotten a warning that the Bronco was 50 miles from empty, before the last tank was filled.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What bumper? The mod bumper (and a lot of other offroad bumpers) has some aerodynamic issues.
I really don’t see the mod bumper having much effect on the aerodynamics of the Bronco. Are you thinking that the openings on the sides catch a lot of air? I wonder if filling them with fog lights would improve it at all.

Reactions: JNY

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don’t see the mod bumper having much effect on the aerodynamics of the Bronco. Are you thinking that the openings on the sides catch a lot of air? I wonder if filling them with fog lights would improve it at all.
Yeah the pockets are the main thing. Airflow gets pretty messy going into the pocket and through the wheel well. The large gap between the bumper and body work is an opportunity too.

OP
OP
JNY

JNY

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the pockets are the main thing. Airflow gets pretty messy going into the pocket and through the wheel well. The large gap between the bumper and body work is an opportunity too.
I was looking at some fog lights from Amazon. Don't know if I will try and squeeze three individual lights into that slot or a 7-9 inch bar.
Sponsored