First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2D Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to know if AEB is active on the manual transmission bronco's. I have a manual, but really don't want to "test" it.
I know the bronco has "auto restart" after you stall , but....i am curious about AEB.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sure is. Had it activate while I was trying to get through a yellow and the car just on the other side in front of me was stopped. Not a great time for it.

OP
OP
MiamiDad

MiamiDad

Badlands
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2D Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sure is. Had it activate while I was trying to get through a yellow and the car just on the other side in front of me was stopped. Not a great time for it.
wow sounds like a false emergency!!? but happy to know it works. I have a teenager that takes (will take) the bronco on occasion and it's good to know it has this feature.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not that anyone would, but do not count on any emergency braking.

I had someone slide in hard and cut me off on a weird turn yesterday and barely managed to stop. I don't know if the auto brakes came on but I didn't feel anything. No warning noise or message so I don't think it activated.

Bronco stopped about as well as expected.

If I wasn't paying attention I would still be picking Outback pieces out of my bumper.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does. I’ve never had mine actually hit the brakes for me. It has warned me on a few occasions but they were all times where the truck overreacted at my driving. The few times I’ve actually had to make an emergency stop the system never kicked in because I was on the brakes quick enough myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MiamiDad

MiamiDad

Badlands
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2D Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does. I’ve never had mine actually hit the brakes for me. It has warned me on a few occasions but they were all times where the truck overreacted at my driving. The few times I’ve actually had to make an emergency stop the system never kicked in because I was on the brakes quick enough myself.
how does it warn you?