Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to this community, though I have been following The site since the announcement by Ford.

i’ve seen this pop up in several threads. People keep mentioning the seven deadly options or things you should not get when you finally order your bronco. I’m going to be in touch with the dealer next week to confirm my order. But I’m curious what options or things should I avoid. Just to get the best deal.

I’m eying the BD or OB, and I’m want the 2.7L, but also trying to not get killed by the options. Just wanted to inquire about these 7 deadly options (or whatever I see people talking about - maybe I imagined it).
Regardless really happy to be part of this community. And hoping to get my new bronco later this year,

cheers,
-T
When is your reservation date?

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Extended Wait Times” means that it’s being manufactured right now, but they can’t churn them out as fast as they anticipate the demand... so if you order that item, you may have to wait longer to receive your Bronco than you would have otherwise because the part is back ordered.

“Late Availability” means that they don’t have *any* yet, and production isn’t even up and running, so even the first person to order it won’t be able to get one. It’s literally not “available” yet.

Think of it this way:

“Extended Wait Time” is to “We just ran out of fries but we’re making a new batch right now.”

As

“Late Availability” is to The Shamrock Shake.
do you believe those with late time stamp are the one most effected? They underestimated the take rate on these sweet options.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2 door is the big mystery to me. Higher than expected take rate I guess.
...I'm calling bullsh*t on the 2 door....they are making a bunch of them now..Ford will have a good idea what the ratio will be before they start production....maybe the 2 door is less profitable...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, they borrowed a bunch of Mustang workers to help out the Bronco team.
The 2 machines are from the same stable. Hay, it should be easy to learn. But, you can lead a horse to water...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s the difference between ‘extended wait times’ and ‘late availability’?
To me, that means extended wait would be out for a day, week, a couple of weeks and be available again. Back in 2018 when I was buying a Raptor, bead lock capable wheels and carbon fiber package were frequently unavailable for short periods of time. Late availability would mean none available at all until sometime in the future.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do you believe those with late time stamp are the one most effected? They underestimated the take rate on these sweet options.
Do I believe that the person at the end of the line is more likely to find the kitchen is out of fries by the time they get to the front?

I don’t think they underestimated take rate as much as there’s just more demand than can be physically built, and they have to build manufacturing capability to match ongoing demand.... not Day 1 demand. Once they get through this onslaught they’ll eventually just be able to churn them out at the same rate that people are buying them.

Sure, okay, they could have secretly been building things for a year to have enough stock pile, but I’m guessing that was the original plan, and it was an economic decision go this route rather than delay launch any longer...

Take Webasto’s plant. It was supposed to be finished and operational months ago making tops... but it got delayed because COVID ground everything to a halt.

That’s not a failure of anticipating demand... that’s a global pandemic royally screwing all the best laid plans.

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...I'm calling bullsh*t on the 2 door....they are making a bunch of them now..Ford will have a good idea what the ratio will be before they start production....maybe the 2 door is less profitable...
They aren't making as many 2DRs as 4DRs, it is like 65% 4DR to 35% 2DR