Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is exactly how I feel. Always liked the MIC concept. Lighter, scratches are not a big deal (not just on the trail, but when moving around and storing), rugged. But the gray was sooooo horrible. Do we know the darker MIC is definitely 100% a thing? I submit my order any day now.
Man, I feel your pain. I was really not into that light grey MIC, particularly given that I was dead set on Shadow Black for the body. The contrast was too weird. But then the darker color got teased, and I had to make a tough decision this past Wednesday when I put in my order.

Having not had much time at all to see the darker MIC in pics, and not being really sure whether it was a ā€œsure thingā€, I went with the painted roof. If Iā€™m being honest with myself, Iā€™m not gonna take my truck off-road very often (when I do, low-level brush is gonna be the bigger problem).

I like the removable windows a lot, and my dog will love them. When I had a ā€˜74 bronco (RIP), I didnā€™t take the roof off as often as I thought I would, and had a nice rig set up to make it easy to do so. So I think my black ops 2-door daily driver/ranch rig will be awesome.

I think Iā€™ll be happy in the end. And so will you, regardless of which way you go.

Plus I did make a second very early reservation by mistake. Maybe I should just buy two!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The black top in B and P looks completely different than this one. It does not have nearly the glossy look that this one has. I would not be surprised if this is a third top option that they are playing with.
B&P is CGI. This is the real thing, albeit under factory lighting.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The black top in B and P looks completely different than this one. It does not have nearly the glossy look that this one has. I would not be surprised if this is a third top option that they are playing with.
You're comparing a computer rendering to a real photo in a factory under a million lights from all angles. Obviously they'll look different, and obviously there will be a lot of reflected lights. I still am confused why people thought a painted and clear-coated black top wouldn't be shiny....

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Patiently waiting to see it in normal lighting conditions. Based off seeing my color combo on the sport I canā€™t wait!
The quality on this video is terrible, but don't those first two trucks shown (black on black 2-door, black on red 4-door) both have Shadow Black-painted black modular hard tops?

Sponsored

PeterG

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental 2007 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Top is looking quite shiny.
The MIC top is more grey correct???? I didnā€™t think it came in a darker color?????
2021 Bronco Shadow Black Painted Top a.jpg
2021 Bronco Shadow Black Painted Top b.jpg

Credit broncosofinsta IG

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The window trims and the rear window hinges are the ugly gray. I don't understand that.
Already stated earlier: the hinge caps on the rear window are not the final version, this is a pre-production prototype. The final version will have matching hinge caps.

FE was originally supposed to have Black mod hardtop so I'm sticking with it. But if I was ordering Badlands I would go MIC gray to match grill, as Ford originally planned.
Also stated earlier, if you order the black mod top, you get matching gloss black grill and mirror caps
FYI. The info for the black mod top on the Ford site says that when you option it, it comes with matching black painted grill and mirror caps.

B31BD3BC-DB6A-47ED-BFE8-3B18FCF6CA58.jpeg

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The quality on this video is terrible, but don't those first two trucks shown (black on black 2-door, black on red 4-door) both have Shadow Black-painted black modular hard tops?
You are correct sir.

Iā€™m still waiting because the black on black doesnā€™t help for those who want to see the contrast, and the red fishing guide concept has the sunrider front two panels

Me personally I just want to see a clean example of the production mod top with nothing on the roof

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Already stated earlier: the hinge caps on the rear window are not the final version, this is a pre-production prototype. The final version will have matching hinge caps.

Also stated earlier, if you order the black mod top, you get matching gloss black grill and mirror caps
Thatā€™s going to look sharp on my Outer Banks, cactus gray paint and I am blackened out the lower 1/4 of the doors.

Sponsored

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was dead set on the mod top, but now you guys have me questioning my decision!! So if you get the shadow black mod top, the fender flares are still the dark grey that match the MIC material? The MIC has looked so bad in all the photos. It looks faded out! All the pics of the mod top looked so good until you guys started posting photos here. I place my order on Saturday!
The MIC looks a bit better in every picture I see, but in the end, it's not what we're going with. We are getting the MOD top for our BL build (hope to finalize the order next weekend!).

So you don't want a glossy finish but you want the Modular top with removable windows?

Just wrap it in a Satin or Matte Paint Protection Film (PPF) and you will protect it from trail rash, kayak scratches and chips and achieve the look you want ($$$ warning ahead).

Example:
https://www.xpel.com/shop/paint-protection-film/stealth
ā˜ This.

If so concerned about scratches from offloading, get some PPF! Many, many people off-road in painted vehicles without thinking about it for a second!

We are thinking about a lot of PPF/vehicle wrap to make the Bronco uniquely ours. The MOD top should provide a better source for the films to adhere, and the ability to remove the side windows - perfect.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are correct sir.

Iā€™m still waiting because the black on black doesnā€™t help for those who want to see the contrast, and the red fishing guide concept has the sunrider front two panels

Me personally I just want to see a clean example of the production mod top with nothing on the roof
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory modto
Sponsored