mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He's right. Jeep tops are molded in white and painted black on the outside.
So why does everyone say you can’t paint mic bronco tops if jeep does it ?
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So why does everyone say you can’t paint mic bronco tops if jeep does it ?
I don't know if anyone has said you can't, but rather it'd be a tedious process and/or prohibitively expensive.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know if anyone has said you can't, but rather it'd be a tedious process and/or prohibitively expensive.
Exactly. Add on a MIC top for $700 then sand the crap out of it your self and have it paintEd for at least $800+. Mod is only $1800.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There seems to be a lot of newer people around here that don’t remember Broncoguy. He worked at the Webasto factory making these MIC tops. Some jerks on this site ran him off and he never came back. There seems to be a notion going around that the MIC tops don’t scratch easily and if they do it isn’t seen easily. Broncoguy went out of his way several times to make sure that we knew that it wasn’t true. He said they had to be super careful during production not to scratch the MIC tops and when they did it was easily notice because the peeled plastic was a different lighter color than the rest of the top. None of us have seen this in person yet to test what he said but he was adamant about it.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the inner layer of the Bronco mic top is grey too, maybe a slightly different shade of grey than the outside but the inner layer Of the Bronco mic top is not white whereas the Jeep top is mic white painted black in outside - as I’ve owned 2 of them, therefore the Bronco mic top is different than the Jeep. Also, no one is saying the mic won’t show scuff marks, just that it will show them less than the painted mod top.
Ok cool, didn’t realize Jeep tops were manufactured in that way. If you scuff the Bronco top enough to get through the outer shell, that was one hell of a trail lol. It’s thin but not that thin. Just drives me a little crazy when people act like the mic is bullet proof. It will visibly discolor when scuffed and you can’t buff it out.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE was originally supposed to have Black mod hardtop so I'm sticking with it. But if I was ordering Badlands I would go MIC gray to match grill, as Ford originally planned.
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 1594900985479
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 20201205_163904

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That confirms it, I want a white MIC top, all they need are different color pellets for the mold.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 20201205_163904
Makes me hungry.
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 60B1D104-4488-4B47-A56F-9AAFDA10DED2

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok cool, didn’t realize Jeep tops were manufactured in that way. If you scuff the Bronco top enough to get through the outer shell, that was one hell of a trail lol. It’s thin but not that thin. Just drives me a little crazy when people act like the mic is bullet proof. It will visibly discolor when scuffed and you can’t buff it out.
I had MIC and painted on the same panels on my SportTrac. HATED the gray. Still showed marks. Paint you can buff out. Textured, just hope it blends in more or less.

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI. The info for the black mod top on the Ford site says that when you option it, it comes with matching black painted grill and mirror caps.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 60B1D104-4488-4B47-A56F-9AAFDA10DED2
Hi, this is good news. I ordered the Mod top for my Badlands and thought I may have to replace the grill if it bothered me enough. If this true, then I am going to be good to go (Note I originally wanted a Wildtrack with black grille but couldn't live with the non-matching interior with CO paint).

Can you please verify where this originates from? It's no on B&P.

Thanks!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, this is good news. I ordered the Mod top for my Badlands and thought I may have to replace the grill if it bothered me enough. If this true, then I am going to be good to go (Note I originally wanted a Wildtrack with black grille but couldn't live with the non-matching interior with CO paint).

Can you please verify where this originates from? It's no on B&P.

Thanks!
It's in the actual trim information on the regular Bronco pages.

Pick a trim, go to "Explore this model", check out "exterior features"... then the options... then click on the little "I".

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.19.03

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Methinks this is for the daily driver that rocketh out off-road not much. Need to be a'paintin' them fenders also. Maybe the CG MIC top would look better, dangit.

olooney

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The black top in B and P looks completely different than this one. It does not have nearly the glossy look that this one has. I would not be surprised if this is a third top option that they are playing with.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was inclined to go with the painted modular top and eat the expense; the MIC we were seeing was so gray. Now we've seen the new darker MIC top and this shiny top. I can leave my order with the MIC and save a few bucks. Gray was not cool, but charcoal is very doable.
This is exactly how I feel. Always liked the MIC concept. Lighter, scratches are not a big deal (not just on the trail, but when moving around and storing), rugged. But the gray was sooooo horrible. Do we know the darker MIC is definitely 100% a thing? I submit my order any day now.
Sponsored