Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can do whatever I want with it...not sure what the colour has to do with it, dirty is dirty.. what colour are you ordering?
Because black will look like trash after one trip through the woods and ruts. Any gray or white is better for hiding scratches in the clear, black is the absolute worst color choice if you plan on using a Bronco off road. Anyone who has actually taken a vehicle through a trail will tell you that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because black will look like trash after one trip through the woods and ruts. Any gray or white is better for hiding scratches in the clear, black is the absolute worst color choice if you plan on using a Bronco off road. Anyone who has actually taken a vehicle through a trail will tell you that.
thats why they invented 3M clear wrap, look the best on and off road! ?

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man leave the comments to yourself how old are you? Hahaha
What would age have to do with me thinking the Bronco looks like S in black. And this is a forum literally they only reason it is made of for comments.

From your response am guessing am probably just 5 years older than you.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would age have to do with me thinking the Bronco looks like S in black. And this is a forum literally they only reason it is made of for comments.

Because anyone mature enough would not put down someone else’s purchase, your opinion doesn’t matter anyway, you have a picture of a comic book character as your profile picture, your probably a 40 year old with a 10 year old mind, grow up...administration can I have this whole post deleted please, this kid needs to be grounded ?

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m lazy. No black for me. When I buy I nice car I keep it clean for the first 6 months then I get lazy. And taking a black car through car washes monthly will put a ton of surface scratches on it over time. Looks washed out within a year. It can be buffed out, but... velocity blue for me.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because anyone mature enough would not put down someone else’s purchase, your opinion doesn’t matter anyway, you have a picture of a comic book character as your profile picture, your probably a 40 year old with a 10 year old mind, grow up...administration can I have this whole post deleted please, this kid needs to be grounded ?
Dang someone doesn't have much confidence. Calm down a bit I was just saying I did not like the black on the Bronco. Pretty sure you did not say this is your purchase don't hurt my feelings. Sorry didn't know this was a safe zone.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There sure are a lot of shadow black haters on this thread. My wife has a black wrangler with a black painted top and it still looks awesome 5 years later even with some light scratches (only noticeable less than a foot away) and dirt down low. It hasn't taken a big pinstripe scratch yet though.

I'm leaning heavily toward shadow black with the shadow black painted mod top on a 4door black diamond. It looks amazing with the obx and wt grill in pics, but I am getting a black diamond and am a little hesitant on the MIC black grille contrast. We haven't seen a pic of that yet in sunlight, have we? With that said, I'd really like to get a paint protection film to help prevent large scratches offroading, but this option isn't available on a squatched bd. Has anybody seen if paint protection is available in the accessories catalog, or would this be something I'd have to pay a premium for aftermarket?

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There sure are a lot of shadow black haters on this thread. My wife has a black wrangler with a black painted top and it still looks awesome 5 years later even with some light scratches (only noticeable less than a foot away) and dirt down low. It hasn't taken a big pinstripe scratch yet though.

I'm leaning heavily toward shadow black with the shadow black painted mod top on a 4door black diamond. It looks amazing with the obx and wt grill in pics, but I am getting a black diamond and am a little hesitant on the MIC black grille contrast. We haven't seen a pic of that yet in sunlight, have we? With that said, I'd really like to get a paint protection film to help prevent large scratches offroading, but this option isn't available on a squatched bd. Has anybody seen if paint protection is available in the accessories catalog, or would this be something I'd have to pay a premium for aftermarket?
At last someone has backed me up!, me to wanted the black painted hard top but is settling for the MIC because of the late availability, I like that gun metal and black look! I bet it will look awesome in person as well! I’m going to get the paint protection installed locally as it might be cheaper then the $500 option Ford is offering. I bet shadow black would look good with a black grill...I’ll attach some pictures for you!

C82D0B08-B95A-45EA-BA04-DAA9F7FFE51A.jpeg

E99D58DD-1C82-4479-8A29-2B808294F066.jpeg

727C8EF9-6E3D-4945-A474-BE67397EC2F4.jpeg

CDF0F28C-6857-4984-BBA7-34CD9A9A60E7.jpeg

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At last someone has backed me up!, me to wanted the black painted hard top but is settling for the MIC because of the late availability, I like that gun metal and black look! I bet it will look awesome in person as well! I’m going to get the paint protection installed locally as it might be cheaper then the $500 option Ford is offering. I bet shadow black would look good with a black grill...I’ll attach some pictures for you!

Ford Bronco Shadow Black CDF0F28C-6857-4984-BBA7-34CD9A9A60E7

That last pic with the MIC top looks great and has me rethinking waiting for the modular black painted top! Thanks for the grill pics, but I was referring to the black diamond grill that's MIC black, not painted black like in those pics. It's a risk, but the black MIC BD grille might actually go better with the MIC top and grey sas wheel rings (and it'd save me $1200 too). Tough call!

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my first jeep was black. I told myself I would never own another black vehicle with all the scratches in the finish. f it, my wife and I (her) went from cg to a51 to cg and now looking at the shadow black. the day I traded it in.

20150526_195923.jpg

Sponsored

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might end up with Shadow Black in order to wrap it and leave black accents, bars, etc.
same thought here what color you thinking?

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my first jeep was black. I told myself I would never own another black vehicle with all the scratches in the finish. f it, my wife and I (her) went from cg to a51 to cg and now looking at the shadow black. the day I traded it in.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black 20150526_195923
It’s a colour that will never go out of style!! and will always look good!!

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just placed the order. Got my manual, black, 2 door back. 10142580. Should get this year. Zero option badland, just like the rubicon.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same thought here what color you thinking?
3M's Matte Pine Green Metallic

Did you see the black Bronco on 37s at KOH? Yikes! Scared me straight from leaving it black, unwrapped.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will never own another black vehicle. They look good for about 10 minutes after a wash and wax.
Sponsored