First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi All - I completed my order at the dealership today and I believe there may have been some confusion that I am hoping you all can clear up for me or share your experiences. I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow morning to clarify and I can update the post as necessary.

I was told that the Hard Top - MIC option has been delayed to 2022 and if I wanted to hard top with roof rails that I had to get the Modular Hard Top - Shadow Black option (additional $1,895). MY first question, is this accurate? And my second, is the "Modular Hard Top - Shadow Black" the high gloss top? Will this look weird with my 4dr OBX Carbonized Grey that was ordered. ?ā€ā™‚

Thank you for the help!

Final Build:
4dr OBX
Carbonized Grey
Modular Hard Top - Shadow Black
Roof Rails w/ Crossbars
High Package
Floor Liners
Keyless Entry
Auxiliary Switches
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on all the info we have here and from Ford so far, it sounds like your dealer is all confused.

Both tops can accept the roof rails.

MIC top is the dark gray one. Itā€™s available immediately.

The shadow black Modular top is late availability... wonā€™t ship until late 2021. Itā€™s the shiny black one.

(also, if you order a ā€œdual topā€ which is either hard top and the soft top together, that is also late availability)

Here are the details on the differences:

Ford Bronco Modular Hard Top - Shadow Black 7B1D74FD-5BE6-4CA5-80D6-BC48DAE99D5E

Last edited:

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your dealer is either confused or trying to pry extra $$ from you. The modular is late availability not MIC.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Modular Hard Top - Shadow Black xT0GqfvuVpNqEf3z2w

Prior posts are useful.

I think it will look good as a two-tone and can be easily painted to match if you want that.

OP
OP

Cody_OH

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on all the info we have here and from Ford so far, it sounds like your dealer is all confused.

Both tops can accept the roof rails.

MIC top is the gray one. Itā€™s available immediately.

The shadow black Modular top is late availability... wonā€™t ship until late 2021. Itā€™s the shiny black one.

(also, if you order a ā€œdual topā€ which is either hard top and the soft top together, that is also late availability)

Here are the details on the differences:

Ford Bronco Modular Hard Top - Shadow Black xT0GqfvuVpNqEf3z2w
Thank you for the reply and this information. This is very helpful and will be asking for that change as I don't believe the Shadow Black will look right on the carbonized grey.

Sponsored

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The benefit of being pushed to model year 2022 is I'll get to read comparison reviews and find out about leakage.

The hard top on my Wrangler occasionally leaks. It has similar fasteners as the Bronco plus two big hand screws if you're keeping it on for awhile. The screws are out in the summer so I can quickly take off the panels, but in the wet months they're on to keep the leaks out. They can loosen over driving time, so I occasionally have to check them.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it will look good as a two-tone and can be easily painted to match if you want that.
I have a Granite Crystal Metallic Jeep with a black hardtop (not glossy), and I like the subtle contrast between the dark gray body and black top. I didn't want the glossy 'body color' top when I ordered my Jeep, so opted for the standard black. I would say that Carb Gray is probably a lighter shade than Granite Crystal, but I think that contrast will be good.

Reactions: BD1

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So the way I'm reading it the both tops on the 4 door have 6 panels which I assume makes the top lighter and therefore easier to remove.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think shadow black would look awesome on carb grey, Iā€™m just not wanting to spend 2k for a heavier to remove roof, or to wait even longer.
Yeah Iā€™m rolling the dice... I like the look also and willing to pay a few extra dollars to get exactly what I want.
Sponsored