RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally, I wouldn't touch anything till May. You got all the time in the world to change your build. What is the urgency?
How does one know it’s too late to change an order until it’s actually too late to change an order?
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I asked my dealer yesterday if I could modify my build after the fact. I said I've read you can do so up until your vehicle is assigned a VIN.

His response: builds are locked in after March 19th. Not changes.Any modifications will result in the order going to the back of the line...

Truth or lie?

This whole ex
5mkbxay5avlgmsnp2mnjy8pggh1gln9mmvnmsbh5&rid=giphy.gif

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A classic:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's a lie, I think they just are misinformed or uninformed - surprisingly, so.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my dealer yesterday if I could modify my build after the fact. I said I've read you can do so up until your vehicle is assigned a VIN.

His response: builds are locked in after March 19th. Not changes.Any modifications will result in the order going to the back of the line...

Truth or lie?

This whole ex
Think of it this way: What could be so special about March 19th that you could modify an order in the system before that date and not after? Or enter an order before that date but not after?

The significance of March 19th is that it is the date Ford decided to start scheduling and calculate allocation on. They said they were going to pull whatever was in the system by that date to figure out the first 3 months of scheduling. If you miss the deadline you’ll just have to wait 3 months when they look at orders again.

It’s like a deadline for a school semester application. If you submit your application after the deadline, you’ll just be considered for the following semester.

You can still modify your order, or place an order, after that date. It’s not magical.

Last edited:

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That drive to Granger isn't looking so bad, is it?
At this point I'm afraid to move in any direction. I was really thinking about Grangers when I first saw it on here but when my dealership told me he would sell at invoice my tough was I'm ok. For the most part they have been great to deal with. I think there is a lot of confusion and miss information in a lot of different directions . For those that are with Granger they will have peace over mind.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Truth or lie?

This whole ex
Find the Q&A from the bronco brand manager Estaban that bronco nation did. It's in there where he says you can change.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find the Q&A from the bronco brand manager Estaban that bronco nation did. It's in there where he says you can change.
Yes!!!

Additionally, not only did he say you can, he said he was expecting people will change once they are provided their delivery estimate and what items on the order may be causing a delay.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes!!!

Additionally, not only did he say you can, he said he was expecting people will change once they are provided their delivery estimate and what items on the order may be causing a delay.
I've got a fully loaded BL with modular top, day 1 reso - so regardless, I'll be lucky if I get a 2021 delivery at this stage...

I've been shocked how much I've had to inform my dealer...

Sponsored

fire282

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
me: You turned my reservation into an order without telling me!
dealer: "What do you want me to do? If you don't want it I'll take it"

canceled order, got new dealer

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My understanding is that you can change your order up to around the scheduled production date of your vehicle.

However, here's something that's been on the back of my mind: what happens if you convert with a base 4 door with the 2.3, then change on 6/20(or whatever date shortly before your vehicle is scheduled to be produced) to a loaded build with all of the deadly 6? It would surely affect the timeline significantly due to commodity constraint, but you are already scheduled. Then what? And if enough people do that, that completely screws with scheduling...

Anyways, likely not going to happen. I'll just wait patiently for my BB...

Peter

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My understanding is that you can change your order up to around the scheduled production date of your vehicle.

However, here's something that's been on the back of my mind: what happens if you convert with a base 4 door with the 2.3, then change on 6/20(or whatever date shortly before your vehicle is scheduled to be produced) to a loaded build with all of the deadly 6? It would surely affect the timeline significantly due to commodity constraint, but you are already scheduled. Then what? And if enough people do that, that completely screws with scheduling...

Anyways, likely not going to happen. I'll just wait patiently for my BB...

Peter
It's not "close to production" it's "before a VIN is assigned". Dealers can do it, they don't like to. Imagine what would happen if something got screwed up on your build because of rushing to make a change.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It took a whole 10 minutes for Granger to change my color from Carbonized grey to Shadow black after I sent them an email the other day. I didnt expect them to get back to me that fast, but they did. Those guys are on it and deserve all of our business.