Sponsored

Ford CEO Farley Says Dealers Who Price Gouge Could Get Fewer Vehicle Allocations

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is all spin and has no teeth at all. Every available bronco i have seen that is available for purchase has a non negotiable price with, in some cases, 40% of the msrp as ADM. This idea that only 10% of the dealers are doing this a flat out lie.
So where do banks and lenders stand on this. The only basis for pricing they have on new inventory is MSRP, so basically, you have to have 100% of the ADM in cash in order to even begin to talk to a lender, so your down payment only gets you to 100% of the cost. This is the definition of stupidity. Its not just Broncos, its every desirable vehicle currently available in all brands.
Oh and for those thinking inventories will normalize, your dreaming. Dealers are figuring out they can work on order base only and minimize their exposure and overhead. Reduce staff and sales teams, maximize profit by controlling the market. The days of cash incentives will be gone and the idea that we as customers can go in and ask for the best deal or we walk is gone. And then there is inflation. After the Bronco purchase I am done for a long time.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I laugh every time I see someone post this here and on BN. Why would anyone believe a word he says after-
-Reservation holders are in line to get their broncos first
-You can change dealerships
Among other statements. Especially after bowing to large dealerships and changing the allocation system. Itā€™s lip service and nothing more. Every bronco Iā€™ve inquired about on lots in the southeast has $10-25k on them. Honestly I donā€™t care- but when a dealer tries ADM on a customer order- thatā€™s different. Ford has done little about that.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy I was under MSRP on my purchase and very happy I don't "need" to buy right now.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a problem among many manufacturers. Some, like Subaru are apparently calling out dealers for damaging their Brand and loyalt.

Ford Bronco Ford CEO Farley Says Dealers Who Price Gouge Could Get Fewer Vehicle Allocations 0115402B-0315-4945-8CD3-CA5F28CF059C

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks that dealerships do it but it's business. Vehicle will sit there until someone really wants it or has to have it and they can pay the ADM. I won't, that's for sure. I remember the days when there were deals to be had. I have owned over 60 vehicles in my short life and never paid MSRP for any of them, never mind ADM.
were you able to get a Bronco under MSRP?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a problem among many manufacturers. Some, like Subaru are apparently calling out dealers for damaging their Brand and loyalt.

0115402B-0315-4945-8CD3-CA5F28CF059C.jpeg
JFC! šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
  • Love Promise?
  • Love Promise Moment?
  • H.E.A.R.T.?
  • Love Promise activations?
  • Share the love?
  • Stay starfull?
I have never had any interest in the Subaru brand before, but I damn sure will never buy one after reading this ā€œHippy Communeā€ communique from itā€™s CEO.

šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JFC! šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
  • Love Promise?
  • Love Promise Moment?
  • H.E.A.R.T.?
  • Love Promise activations?
  • Share the love?
  • Stay starfull?
I have never had any interest in the Subaru brand before, but I damn sure will never buy one after reading this ā€œHippy Communeā€ communique from itā€™s CEO.

šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜‚:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, Iā€™m not going to buy a car from a manufacturer that helps the environment, kids with cancer, starving people and Dogs. Yeah fuk giving money to those Hippies that help peoplešŸ˜›

I will give it to Ford, maybe, if my Bronco ever gets built and if my dealer doesnā€™t try and add $20k to the price when I go to pick it up. Iā€™ve actually had 3 Subaru STis in a row since 2007 and I didnā€™t buy them because of how much Love Subaru has, I bought them because theyā€™re fun, practical and reliable. I paid below MSRP on all of them.

The point is that other manufacturers call Out dealers for being aholes. Ford doesnā€™t. This rollout sucks. The Raptor will be out before some early 2020 reservation holders even get their Broncos, 2.7 motors defective and a whole bunch of other ridiculousness. Iā€™ve purchased many new vehicles and never seen this incompetence before.

Sponsored

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ys-dealers-who-gouge-could-get-fewer-vehicles

Some car dealers are taking advantage of lean inventories as a result of the semiconductor shortage by charging well above sticker price -- and Ford Motor Co.ā€™s chief executive officer isnā€™t happy about it.

ā€œWe have very good intelligence of who they are and their future allocation of product will be directly impacted because of that policy,ā€ CEO Jim Farley said Thursday on a conference call with analysts. ā€œWe have about 10% of our dealers last year in the supply constrained environment that weā€™re in charging above MSRP to the best of our knowledge,ā€ he said, referring to the manufacturerā€™s suggested retail price.
Hereā€™s one, @Ford Motor Company - how about dealers with reservations get more vehicles. Clear those that will have been sitting since the start with no action. Novel huh?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
were you able to get a Bronco under MSRP?
My Bronco has not come in yet so I don't know if I will get it at MSRP as I was promised- verbally last November. Mine was supposed to be in the build week of Jan 17 and has been stalled ever since.
Sponsored