LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands Bilsteins do indeed suck. I'm just waiting for some sort of FP kit with Fox or similar. I'm at 12K miles. They at least seem to be finally breaking in. But they ride like shit to be honest.
Sponsored

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I usually have to replace shocks after 40-50k anyways šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

They don't last forever... the equivalent of 2x around the globe is a pretty reasonable lifespan I'd say lol.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although I don't suppose you wanted to change them now, there are better options out there. Bilstein has some nicer upgrades (5112 or 6112) if you're willing, or Eibach. A lot of others, too.
^^^^ This, went with Bilstein 6112ā€™s and they are a huge improvement, Full disclosure, I was coming off stock obx Hitachis, world of differencešŸ‘

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ram blew a shock at 41k miles, I replaced it. Use to be common to replace shocks at the same time as tires so go buy a shock. People can blame rust, but you bought upgraded suspension, bigger tire and more maintenance.
Took my 2010 Chevy Silverado LS in at 165k for them to replace the shocks and they were like, why? Still have them at 189k. And the brakes. Lot of highway driving, but also off roading in the gravel/fire road/mountain road sense, but I've hit those shocks multiple times. Don't know how they've lasted this long.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The SAS Bilsteins are junk. Made at a price point. Based on economy 4600s with a tiny reservoir so marketers can brag about it.

Donā€™t look at these failures as a Bilstein = Bad. They are made for a price point set by Ford bean counters.

Bilstein makes some of the best shocks in the business. I love my Ford Performance lift.

Iā€™ve got Bilsteins on my Corvette track car and 911. They are wonderful. Iā€™ve been running them for 20 years on a ton of different applications.
Sponsored