Sponsored

Should I change to priority 99 in August 2022?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just placed an order for a new Bronco last month, and thinking there is a good chance I will not receive it until late 2022/2023. The one question I have is if it gets to be August 2022, which I think is likely because of the listed constraints, should I contact my dealer and change my order to priority 99 so I do not get a really late model 2022?

I am not sure if I would lose my price protection, but the main concern is not just preferring an early 2023 over a late 2022, as much as hoping that 2023 models might have a hybrid engine or modular top option that I would really want. I just do not know a lot about the priority 99 process.

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldnā€™t worry about the model year. Focus on the options you want. I would be surprised if ford had a hybrid option next year. The mod top on the other hand should be available and if that is what you truly want then yes ā€˜99.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldnā€™t worry about the model year. Focus on the options you want. I would be surprised if ford had a hybrid option next year. The mod top on the other hand should be available and if that is what you truly want then yes ā€˜99.
The fact that Ford already announced a refresh in 2024 for MY2025... I would put my money on MY2025 having a hybrid.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks - I probably will not mess with the order, but if I lose my price protection for whatever reason, or info leaks that the modular top is likely for 2023 then I might check back in as 2023 gets close and see how/what happens when I change to priority 99. I assume I do lose price protection when I use priority 99 to go from a 2022 order to a 2023 order, but someone let me know if that is incorrect.

Thanks,

Dan

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus LX600 F Sport, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer emailed today and said August 4th. Been sitting since 1-17. Iā€™m a first day reservation. I guess I would take it if I could flip it. Iā€™m a little reluctant to keep a vehicle that seems to have a lot of issues and has been sitting out that long. And basically I just donā€™t trust Ford anymore.
I know this is a first world problem, but sometimes enough is enough.

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer emailed today and said August 4th. Been sitting since 1-17. Iā€™m a first day reservation. I guess I would take it if I could flip it. Iā€™m a little reluctant to keep a vehicle that seems to have a lot of issues and has been sitting out that long. And basically I just donā€™t trust Ford anymore.
I know this is a first world problem, but sometimes enough is enough.
Same boat. I am going to order a duplicate of my same build whenever order banks open up. Will still take delivery whenever my ice mtn build shows up but also worried about lingering issues of my build from sitting stagnant for so long. Figure Itā€™s going to b a few months before second one is built n issues will show or not.
Sponsored