Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking of sending this email to my dealer. What do you think? Should I add anything else?

Hi Daryn,

I have a concern about my Bronco order and hopefully, you can help clear it up. Based on the picture that Zach sent me of order #4634 it shows a priority code of 99. Zach told me that until Ford schedules it the priority code will be 99. However, based on everything I've read and researched Ford won't build a vehicle with a priority code of 99.

Would you please let me know why the priority code is set to 99? Also when will you will change the priority code to one that Ford will build with? It sounds like Ford won't do anything with the order until the priority code is updated by the dealer to a lower number.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bother. I don't want months to go by and have other orders get in front of me because Ford won't process the order with the 99 priority code. If it would make things easier I can stop by for a quick chat so that we are all on the same page.
Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far no response from my dealer about priority code 99. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I'm glad I found this forum. I looked at my order and noticed I had a 99 priority. I then called and fortunately my regular sales person at the dealership had already left for the day and I spoke to his boss. He told me that the MIC hardtop roof was delayed and that if I switched to a soft top I could get a higher priority code. We changed the order and then the priority code. Too bad I didn't know this 2 months ago. I've been asking my regular guy weekly about why I don't have a VIN and he was apparently less than informed... Badlands, 2.7, Sasquatch, SOFTOP... February ORDER!

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I'm glad I found this forum. I looked at my order and noticed I had a 99 priority. I then called and fortunately my regular sales person at the dealership had already left for the day and I spoke to his boss. He told me that the MIC hardtop roof was delayed and that if I switched to a soft top I could get a higher priority code. We changed the order and then the priority code. Too bad I didn't know this 2 months ago. I've been asking my regular guy weekly about why I don't have a VIN and he was apparently less than informed... Badlands, 2.7, Sasquatch, SOFTOP... February ORDER!
Nice good on you. I live in New Orleans, and doubt a soft top would last one night in my neighborhood.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Dealer's Ford Rep is the only one that change it from and to a "99" code.
Post #1 . And your are spreading false information. Nice. Very few of us just jumped off the Bronco turnip truck. Those that have come here for the straight scoop are welcomed...

Sponsored

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Post #1 . And your are spreading false information. Nice. Very few of us just jumped off the Bronco turnip truck. Those that have come here for the straight scoop are welcomed...
No sir, this is not false here at our dealership. My Ford Rep has instructed me that if I have a customer that wants to wait on their build, she assigns the "99" code, not me. I do believe that the last order I put in, which was last week, it automatically rolled to the "99" code since it is past the deadline for the 21 build date. However, the ones that were put in before the date can be changed by our rep to and from the "99" last time I spoke to her about it. Not sure how your dealership is doing it, but this is what we were instructed to do and so far it has worked perfectly. This allocation/commodity restrictions game we are playing is a "moving target" and I really believe that Ford is adjusting week by week.

Last edited:

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my order. BL, Sas, Lux, Tow, Painted Top, 4dr. My dealer said I'll probably get a MY23. I'm ok with that. I can wait, no rush.

PXL_20210811_173323727~2.jpg

OP
OP
scottfwalter

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was able to talk to someone at my dealership In Texas who knows what is going on. They coded it with a 99 to wait for the 2022 order book to open up in case we want to make adjustments to my order. At this point, they will assign it a buildable priority code This makes sense.

The problem I ran into is the sales guy who came out to help me is brand new to Ford dealerships. Who doesn't know how the ordering process works. I wish he would have just said he would have to find out and get back to me instead of telling me things that just weren't true. The dealership shouldn't put new sales guys out there without someone shadowing/mentoring them.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PSUTE, I owe you a apology, I did find out today that we can actually change to a "99" ourselves. Up until today, the process was to always let our Ford Rep change to this Code, but she told me today that we can do it. Sorry for the confusion on my part.
Sponsored